This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

A relative on my sisters dads side of the family drowned last week.

The relative that died was 20 and I had watched him and his sisters when they were younger.

His youngest sister is now 9yrs old and has problems. She is hard to control and even made threats to kill herself. They had to put her with CYS's(Child Welfare) where she seems to be getting the help she needs. I had not seen her for over a year.

It was so bad that they were afraid to tell her about her brother dieing in fear she may kill herself.

On Saturday I was outside at work pumping gas and a regular came in and I pumped her gas while she went inside. I noticed she had a girl with her but didn't really look at her.

When they came back outside I heard the girl saying "use to work her... JOHN! You do still work here! Gimme a hug!" I noticed who she was and went to hug her and the regular customer told me and her "NO HUGS!".

I asked her why not and she said because she said so. I was shocked, I have not seen this girl in over a year and she never had asked me for a hug before and remember I was still unsure if they had told her that her brother had died. I didn't want to say the wrong thing to her.

I again asked her why not seeing as she is related to me. This woman told me she was her counselor and she said no. Now I am thinking ok b*tch we will see if you like coming in here after today.

They pay for the gas and leave.

Sunday was the burial and my mom, sister, brother-in-law, and nephews went. I don't goto funerals or burials I just can't. They told me that the girl told them that the reason the woman told her no hugs was because I am a pervert.

Now this "counselor" for CYS comes into the station dressed like a sl*t. Very short shorts with bikini tops and other very revealing clothes. And she is always saying she just got off work. Now I have never done anything to give the impression I am a pervert. Never hit on femaes at work, never been in trouble with the law that would mark me as one, nothing. Where does this woman get off telling a little girl I am a pervert?

Also if she is a "counselor" why is she always dressed showing off her body like a street walker? Why is she taking a girl into a CIGARETTE shop to buy herself cigarettes?

My mom said she showed up at the BURIAL in a bikini top and short shorts.

All I know is her first name. Should I visit CYS or call and try to make a formal complaint? Should I tell her to goto hell when she comes into the station again? What would YOU do if you was me?

When they came back outside I heard the girl saying "use to work her... JOHN! You do still work here! Gimme a hug!" I noticed who she was and went to hug her and the regular customer told me and her "NO HUGS!".
    I'd be wondering if the person was actually a counselor for your relative, or if she's a friend of your relative, helping her get through this time in her life.

Personally, I would have looked at the person and said, "This is my relative. Thanks for your opinion" and hugged the relative anyways.

Your observations about clothing are interesting. If a counselor is out on her own time, away from work, they aren't legally obligated to dress like work. But if the person is working outside of the office - does it STILL matter how they dress, as long as the counseling is done and the person gets the message??

If you still have contact with this relative, you might want to ask her a bit about the "counselor". How did they meet? Where is she from? Where does she work?

Because spreading labels about you also is not good.....legally. It would depend on who started the 'pervert' label - your relative or the other person?

If you find out that this person IS a state case worker, you would have cause to contact the HQ office and put in a complaint.
    Otherwise, I'd put it aside as ignorance, and wish your relative more positive things in her life.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'd make a call.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

She is a counselor for the state. I just found this out this weekend. I also asked my co-worker who slept with her once, he said she worked for child welfare. She always comes in after 4pm and always says she just got off work and can't wait to get home. I once asked her where she worked because she was dressed real sl*tty. And she told me she was a receptionist for a doctors office.

Ok put it this way, say it was YOUR daughter who was seeing this woman daily or so. Would you want her around a woman that dressed that way?

What if it was your son? Do you think he would be getting help and listening to the advice or thinking sexual thoughts when she is there showing off everything she has?

The girl told my mom and sister that the counselor told her that I was a pervert. I can not talk to her now because they only let her family see her a few times a week. She was only out and about because of the funeral and burial.

Comment

I would call in a flash. Doesn't matter if she just got out...if she JUST got out she should still be dressed respectably.

Comment

Definitely put in a phone call.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

She's slandered you and you're NOT calling someone? In her professional capacity as this girl's counsellor she told the client's family members one of their own was a pervert. That is NOT professional.

Forget how she dresses (although yes, it smacks of hypocrasy and sluttiness), focus on this. She has accused you of something, directly to people you know, that you are not guilty of.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                She's slandered you and you're NOT calling someone? In her professional capacity as this girl's counsellor she told the client's family members one of their own was a pervert. That is NOT professional.
                From her Bratz-doll costume, it seems to me that her definition of pervert is someone who notices how she dresses and acts. Definately complain to her higher-ups, preferably to the main office in your state's capital.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yep, make a phone call. It can't hurt, but it might help.

Comment

I agree with calling in to complain about that counselor. How can she call you a pervert while she's going out in public with a child no less wearing clothes a hooker would wear?!! Yeah, some counselor she is and way to rep the the state's child services department.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                    X