Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The past 24 hours have SUCKED! (long, language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The past 24 hours have SUCKED! (long, language)

Here's the run down of what's happened to me int he past 24 hours (it's 4:37PM as I start writing this)

• I had a flat tire (which is what started this whole escapade).

•While attempting to remedy said flat tire, I got chased away by an inconsiderate prick.

• Captain Jellico. Need I say more?

• Spilled a drink on myself. It happened to be my last pair of work pants, so I had ot put them in the laundry immediately.

• Coming back from the laundry, I whacked my knee. (That and the drink weren't all that bad, but added to the frustration).

• Went to Sears to get the flat repaired. That was done free of charge. But while waiting, I got a phone call from Captain Jellico. He informed me that due to the pressures of having to cut hours, I was not to report to work today. Great. He'd better be telling the truth and not escalating his pettiness.

• Leaving Sears, some guy pulled up next to me and started shouting, then suddenly reversed and pulled in behind me. I couldn't hear him, so I paid him no mind. He then FOLLOWED ME to my next stop (Chili's, where i was going to have lunch with my friend) and proceeded to accost me in the parking lot. He accused me of hitting his car and fleeing the scene of the accident!!!

The guy was absolutely full of shit. He was yelling and screaming that he was going to call the cops and report a hit and run, pointing to a dent in my front bumper as "evidence." Said dent is 6 years old and was received - oddly enough - by someone ELSE committing a hit and run in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart in Hamden CT. Plus, my dent was a good foot lower than the dent in his car he claimed I caused.

Turns out he'd been hit by a different green Civic (which are common as dirt) which then fled into the mall parking lot. This had happened only minutes earlier. Well, I'd just spend the previous hour+ with my car in the service bays at Sears having a tire repaired. And I had the paperwork to prove it. Once he learned that, he quickly apologized and took off. I should have called the cops and let them sort it out, but it didn't occur to me to do so until later. This asshole was likely trying to pull a scam on me. He left me shaking with anger and adrenaline.

• Topping it all off, I ordered my steak medium, and it came out just shy of well done. I didn't bother to complain about it since it was still delicious, but it didn't help my mood at all.

Quite an eventful 24 hours. I hope to not repeat this EVER again.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

*offers hugs, chocolate, and herb tea* I'm sorry.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

That guy in the car--what a jerk! I would have called the police immediately, only because I probably would have been scared out of my mind.

I hope your next day is much better.

Comment

What a sucky day! Don't worry about Jellico; companies all over are cutting hours. I got a call to come in later the other day, when usually it's "can you come in earlier?" At least you had a free day to fix the car. *hands over fresh-baked choc chip cookies*
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X