This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More fun from the ex...

The ex has been hassling me on Facebook (he's already violating their TOS by using an obviously fake name) with yet another idea.

As I understand it, he wants to start up a "technology podcast", and is asking me to submit material. Sounds interesting, except for a few stumbling blocks that I see:

1) You can't spit in cyberspace without hitting one. What's going to make this different from the other X million that try and are lost in the wilds of youtube? You need an actual plan before you start stuff like this.

2) Typically, the podcasts that have a chance are articulate and knowledgeable, and the hosts seem to have at least some TV/radio/acting experience. He does not.

3) What resources does he have to sustain this? A crappy webcam and Windows Movie Maker editing when you have no clue what you're doing isn't good.

4) What material? I'm willing to bet that everything that can be covered has.

5) I hope you're not expecting companies to send you kit for free. I really hope you're not expecting me to spend my own money (of which I have none) to help with this. I do submit material for a Ghostbusters podcast, but that's been established for awhile and it's just fun for fans. Anything tech-related I will consider "consulting" and expect to be paid accordingly.

I hope he's not expecting to compete with Dave Graveline, which right now is what it sounds like he wants to do.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X