This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Artwork

Raps' post about having a shirt design and asking people to vote gave me an idea for a shirt that I'm almost positive will sell.

But I don't have a program for, and cannot do the art for it.

The design is simple (basic line art of an article of clothing and a line of text in a cursive font), but I need a collaborator in order to submit it.

If you want to be my collaborator (and trust me to pass on the profits when we make the big time ), send me a private message or email me at andara-at-mindless-dot-com.

Thanks!

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Can you scan a hand drawn pic of what you want to give us an idea of what you have in mind?

Comment

The art would be black and white (maybe with gray as a second color), and is supposed to look a bit like a technical drawing of a typical plain short-sleeved pullover shirt. I'd like it as realistic as a drawing of a shirt can be.

And if I'm reading the information the shirt site correctly, the background color for the art should be the color you want the shirt, in which case, I'd need a different file for each color of shirt.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If it's really simple, and basically all you need is clip art of a shirt with some script across it, I might be able to help you out. Can you send me the technical specs? (having done shirts, I can't imagine you would need a different file for each color. )My Illustrator is down right now, so I can't currently do vector art, but if all you need is a jpeg pr pdf or something, I can probably help.

Just one pic for the front, right?

Comment

Well, I'll be wanting to submit them to Ziraxia (the site Raps has the CS shirt up for voting on), and these are the submission guidelines:

[B]Tips for Creating Your Art
          Step 1

Create your design in either Adobe Photoshop or the Gimp, or a vector based program like Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, or Corel Draw. Or, if you aren't artistically inclined, just choose Express-T, and type in what you want the shirt to say. We'll do the layout, but you won't make as much as you would if you lay it out yourself. Remember: during the pilot program, we're only accepting 1 or 2 color designs.
          Vector Templates for Your Original Art

* EPS: Templates for Vector-based designs

Note for Corel Draw Users: The EPS template doesn't quite work right in Corel Draw. You'll need to export as a 72 DPI PNG sized 730px by 306px with no dithering, using the adaptive color pallete. We also suggest you reopen the resulting PNG before you send it to us, to make sure it looks right. It's not as user-friendly, we know, but you rolls the dice and you takes your chances with Corel Draw. As soon as we get a chance, we'll try to create a CDR specific template. Sorry!
          Tips

Make the rulers visible, and create the design at the size you think it should be printed. It should be no more than 12" x 12". Set your background color to the color of the t-shirt for your design. Use up to 5 solid colors in your design. Try to use only the number of colors necessary, because the more colors you use, the more votes you need to hit the licensing threshold. If using Photoshop or the Gimp, be sure to create the image at 150 dpi at the size you want it printed.
          Step 2

Save your original design for when we need the "real art" from you.
          Step 3

Download our design templates. Paste your design into it, save it as a GIF, PNG or JPG at 72DPI, and upload it to us. GIFs or PNGs are preferred, since they are better suited for reproducing the sort of artwork that makes up a T-Shirt print. What you send us is a lower resolution version than the "real art." From there* we put up your designs for rating and discussion. When you get enough votes and achieve a high enough average rating, we license your design*, and start selling t-shirts.
          It's just one image, but I want the shirt to be more than just line art. I'd like some shading for a more 3-dimensional look, if you can understand what I'm trying to say.

The image of the shirt is going to be the design to be put on a t-shirt. And the line of text will go below the image of the shirt. It makes more sense when the text is included, but I don't want to give anyone else ideas.

^-.-^

Comment

If I understand this, they want a 72 dpi file with the background color intact so they can "vote" on how it will look and have a small, email ready file to look at.

If they decide to do the shirt, then they will probably want the higher res file, most likely with a clear background.

Okay. Am I understanding that right?

Since I can do Photoshop right now (or at least when I get back home) , I think I can do this for you. Do you have a deadline?

Comment

Yeah, that's how I was reading it, too.

I don't have any real deadline; I'm not in a hurry to get it submitted.

^-.-^

Comment

Well, if you can wait till I come back from Pennsic first of next month, I'll give it a go.

You know, the sad bit is that I actually had an original piece of vector art of a Tshirt I made at my old job I could have given you to use, but since I'm laid off and my computer's wiped, I don't think I have it anymore. I sent a lot of my files home, but I don't think I salvaged that one becuase I didn't think I'd ever need it again.

Always the way of it.

I'll get something for you.

Comment

That'd be cool.

Just drop me a line when you get back and have time to work on it, and I'll give you more details so you know what the heck I'm trying to do.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                  X