This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!! It's hot! May I rant a little?

I swear, the next person that I hear bitching about it being hot, I'm going to smack!

Yes, I am fully aware that it's hot out there. Guess what! We're in the middle of the Chihuanhuan desert and it's the middle of July. Of course it's hot.

Yes, I know it's going to be hot for the next week or so.

HOWEVER, this happens every damn year. The heat will break. Get over it.

Stay inside in the middle of the afternoon. If you have to go out, don't run around like a maniac. Drink lots of water.

You think it's hot here? Go down to Las Cruces, they're usually 5-10 degrees F hotter than Albuquerque. Better yet, go to Phoenix.

Just be glad you weren't in southern NM/far west TX in the summer of '94.

/rant off/
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

I feel yeah. I hear the "it's hot" everyday. Hello we're in the Southern Houston area in the middle of July! It's like this every year! Course we have a lot of humidity so it actually feels even hotter. That's why I stay inside so much.

Comment

Oh, people were griping as soon as it broke 85 here, whining about how hoooot and huuuumid and OMG there are so many buuuugs. Um, no. You want hot, humid, and mosquitoes go to the Mississippi Delta my friends. In Kansas? Not so much. I'm not saying it doesn't get uncomfortably hot, because it does. But it's not that bad.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

It's been a nice low 80s kinda humid summer here in Central Jersey. Beautiful now that the rain stopped. But then I go to Kentucky, where it's been low 90s every day, but not humid. Can't wait to see what it's like.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

The newly moved here also think they're going to get sympathy from me.....'cause I'm a white girl. Hate to break it to you, but, while I might be white, I'm also a native New Mexican. I'm used to it and it doesn't really phase me.

It was about 100F here today and around 105F in Las Cruces and El Paso (one place reported 110F). That's why I went nowhere this afternoon and just puttered around doing domestic type things and sorting out which clothes to take to Scotland.

Comment

So yeah, we've only had a few days in the 80s and beyond this summer here in Wisconsin.

Things are not looking bright.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

that is pretty damn hot but often i find when people have nothing better to talk about they bring up the weather

Comment

It's been in the 100's/high 90s down here.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                  It's been in the 100's/high 90s down here.
                  Yes, but did you hear? We're due for a cold front. It'll be LOW 90s, if we're lucky, and maybe some rain! Oh, joyous day!

Comment

I don't complain about the heat, just the humidity. 105 and dry is just fine by me.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      So yeah, we've only had a few days in the 80s and beyond this summer here in Wisconsin.

Things are not looking bright.
                      do not kill me for saying this Blas BUT

normally at this time of year in NE Wisconsin the temps hover around 90 - 95 during the day and 80 at night......but no we have to have the coolest summer since whenever

I WANT HOT WEATHER HERE IN Wisconsin. I want 95 during the day and 85 at night. I want lots of humidity I want all of that. but why you ask. the hotter it is the more deliveries I make therefore the more $$$'s I make.

yeah I may bitch and complain BUT as with large amounts of snow it gets old after awhile BUT I sill make more $$$$'s
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        I WANT HOT WEATHER HERE IN Wisconsin. I want 95 during the day and 85 at night.
                        Heat during the day doesn't faze me. HOWEVER, I do prefer to cool down at night. 85F is too uncomfortable for sleeping.

Comment

I think what's more annoying than complaints about the heat are when people "have" to comment on how I look warm/sweaty/like I've been running through a sprinkler". Mostly this comes from co-workers at the library, and there's not really a tactful way to point out that yes, I AM aware of it, but it's hot/humid outside, and unlike them, I have to walk to work.

Comment

I LOATHE the heat, but I'm inside all the time. I <3 my air conditioning. It's been triple digits here, but it gets down to the 70s at night. I run my fan at night to get the cool air inside, so I don't use too much electricity during the day.

One of my best friends LOVES the heat. The hotter the better.

But yeah, endless complaining can get annoying. *offers ice water to those in the heat*
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

We're getting a "cold" wave next week. Looks like around Tuesday, it's only going to be in the high 80'sF.

Of course, next Friday at this time, I'll be in lovely Edinburgh, where it's going to be in the mid-60sF apparently. Guess I'm not taking any shorts!

Comment

Working...
                              X