Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey girls--anyone tried Covergirl Eyelights?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey girls--anyone tried Covergirl Eyelights?

I'm wanting opinions on it and advice on what color. The have options for green eyes & blue eyes, but mine are in between--teal, a tad bit more green. (Think Crayola Forest Green, one of the old colors). Do I go for the blue-eye formula or green-eye formula? Thanks, girls.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

You could probably get away with either one. Or even a little of both, as long as your outfit doesn't clash.
    "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

they have inbetween colors and different versions

Comment

Probably, blue will make your eyes look greener; green will make your eyes look bluer. Similar tones of eye color and makeup tend to cancel each other out.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

My eyes are blue and I tried the blue eyes mascara and was unimpressed. Didn't notice much of a shimmer, and my lashes were just kind of blah. I noticed much more of a pop in my eye color when I stuck with brown shadows and liner, and I vastly prefer the plain old black tube of the CoverGirl Lashblast.

I spend my days in an office though, so I don't really play with colored eyeshadows as often as I used to.
          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

My eyes are blueish green, mostly blue - and I find that brownish tones tend to make the blue pop more.

Not that I've tried the 'eyelights' before, but just to give you a hopefully helpful tip.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

DON'T waste your money.

I was super excited about that stuff.....and the sparkle and flair to it? Where is it?

I bought the one for hazel eyes, it's black mascara with gold shimmer. There's barely any shimmer whatsoever. Everyone else I know who has tried it also (all the different colors) agree that there is barely any shimmer and it really does nothing to enchance eye color.

If you want to bring out the blue in your eyes, wear darker mascara with brown and earth tone eyeshadows. If you want the green to stick out, try a violet colored mascara, or a darker mascara with purple eyeliner.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Agreed. I bought the waterproof stuff for hazel eyes and am angry for wasting my money. It just looks like clumpy black mascara. My eyelashes feel stiff and look like poo! For whatever reason, this mascara doesn't even make my eyelashes look nice and long and pretty like my old mascara did. If it at least functioned as a decent plain black mascara, I wouldn't mind at all.
                My old mascara was Mary Kay brand and I loved it. Just the plain black stuff works plenty fine for me.
                "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

I tried that stuff, and it always ended up just flaking off of my lashes. Not only that, the "shimmer" stuff was comming off into my contacts and irritating my eyes (thankfully not too bad, it took me a while to figure out the cause).

Lashblast works just fine, that's what I'm using now.

Comment

I use Avon mascara.....that stuff is absolutely amazing, and oftentimes much better of a deal than CG or Maybelline or L'oreal.

I have also tried Rimmel Glam Eyes....that stuff is also pretty good, for what it is.

If I want shimmer on my eyes, I apply one thin coat of my regular mascara, and then one coat of Mary Kate and Ashley shimmer mascara (it's nothing but sparkle mascara) and that works great!
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                    X