Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Movie Experience in Anger (Mild HP Spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Movie Experience in Anger (Mild HP Spoiler)

So, there we were in the theatre. Teen idiot girls and I think a boy were behind us. Talking the whole time, about nonsense, how the movie was too long and detailing what was going on while we watched it, pissing Boyfriend off.

Then they started to kick my seat and try to put their shoes on my arm rest, moving my arm around until I reached back and said,"Take your foot off my arm, please."
    Now pissing me off.

Commercials for other movies come on.

That Twilight trailer came on, most of the teen girls started cheering and squealing like idiots. Boyfriend, myself, and most of the males in the place started booing.

The ushers started asking the teens to keep quiet, shining their golden flashlights of truth.

Time goes on, they kept kicking seats.
    So, I leaned back as far as my chair could, and girl started kicking mine like crazy. By the way... It was obvious after the third time we (and others) complained that nothing would happen, and the ask for a refund or reschedule to another time was refused at 45min. in. I just stayed there until they stopped. Kept reclined the whole time, and eventually, everyone on our row did the same to make them stop.
    Life went on..

Spoiler Final Warning!

Then there was a girl who had no idea Hermione and Ron liked each other, somehow.

So, Boyfriend and I are like,"What an idiot.."
    Ron and that one girl I can't remember... Patty Parkinson maybe, the random student names are jumbled in my head.

They date, she's obsessed and makes out with him like mad.
    Hermione sees it and cries, gets upset, etc.
    Ongoing thing we all knew about.

This girl behind us is talking about how confused she is, and maybe they act all weird because they're British. ...wha. This girl kept on and on, trying to get her friends to tell her why they were acting like that, she was on and on about how strange they acted, and what is snogging?

So eventually it gets to where Ron n Hermione kiss.
    And she goes," Ooohhhh, they like each other!"
    And I loudly said,"NO shit!"
    "GASP!OMG Who said that?!"
    Boyfriend and I laughed heartily.

Lavender Brown is the chick who Ron dates for a while in book 6. Parkinson is the Slytherin "Cow" (as Hermione put it) who fawns over Malfoy. </hpdork>

Anyway, I love kids movies, but I HATE going to kids/teens movies in the theater 'cuz I can't stand the way they act. Boyfriend and I went to Public Enemies (for those who haven't seen it, it's about the gangster John Dillinger during the great depression and it's fairly violent) and several times, we heard a baby crying in the back of the theater. Seriously, if you wanna see an R-rated movie, find a babysitter.

Comment

I went with Mom to see Up last week, and a family with several small children sat right behind us. There was some chatter during the previews, mostly, "Does everybody have their popcorn?" kind of stuff, but other than that....there were no problems! No talking, no kicking of chairs or tossing of food. A couple towards the front kept playing with their cell phones, which is annoying but ignorable. I was surprised and pleased...yay for awesome parents who teach their kids to behave in public!
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post

So eventually it gets to where Ron n Hermione kiss.
        Ron and Hermione don't kiss in HPB, it's not until the Battle at Hogwarts in DH. Are you thinking of Harry and Ginny? Which was a totally anti-climactic scene and not in keeping with the book at all.

Comment

reyneth im sorry but i think they kissed in the movie.
          i saw the movie.
          my mom believes she was the oldest one there
          when we got there we where surpised to to find our 12:20 showing was seated the same time as the 12. Stupid move if you ask me because people are in our theature from others then and well bad things happen.

theres a group of 30 people split between the theater who after 15 minutes realised they saved about 4 seats to many.
          i sat next to a girl who the moment she saw my shirt hugged me.
          My shirt said I Am A Horcrux.
          we talked about books and movies for about an hour and bood the twilight trailer together but she whisper to me in the brief quiet that she was soo seeing it anyways because jacob was hot.
          it was actually fun,
          I just hated they didnt mention the dumbeldores army or showed the funeral and screwed up the fight

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
            Ron and Hermione don't kiss in HPB, it's not until the Battle at Hogwarts in DH. Are you thinking of Harry and Ginny?
            I know it didn't happen in the book, but it did in the movie.

Comment

no they did not kiss in the movie just hold hands and get alittle cuddly
              (1 i had to sit back and remember and 2 i found a ron and hermione moments list.

Comment

I just saw it

Surprisingly enough, it was not very crowded, on a Saturday at 7pm.

It's been so long since I read the book that I'm sure I'm not remembering all the things they left out.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                  I know it didn't happen in the book, but it did in the movie.
                  As sliceanddice said, Ron and Hermione don't kiss in the movie. They hold hands in the Healing Ward scene after he is accidentally poisoned by the mead given to him by Slughorn and says Hermione's name, but he is out of it and supposedly doesn't remember it the next day.

Nothing else happens. There has been media about the kiss for the 7th book/movie, but it has not been in a movie yet. I've seen it twice already and know the book well so I would remember if they had had it.

----------------------

BookstoreEscapee - I went again last night with a friend from my bookstore and there were only about 50-75 people in our 7:30 showing - in a theater of 600+ seats! But they had it on six screens and maybe others had gone to the matinees, the later showings or figured they'd wait because every other night had been sold out so far? It confused me too.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                    BookstoreEscapee - I went again last night with a friend from my bookstore and there were only about 50-75 people in our 7:30 showing - in a theater of 600+ seats! But they had it on six screens and maybe others had gone to the matinees, the later showings or figured they'd wait because every other night had been sold out so far? It confused me too.
                    True...they had it in 4 theaters, I think. I did hear the cashier mention to the customer in front of us that they had 4000 people there for the midnight opening on Wednesday. I would not have wanted to be there...
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I went to an 1120 showing opening night and the theatre was super empty. The first 2 movies were done so poorly that a lot of people lost interest in the films. That's my opinion at least. The Harry Potter movies are no longer popular.

Although the theatre was mostly well behaved, Right after Dumbledore died some ass monkey in the back thought it'd be funny to pretend to snore loudly during the "moment of silence" they had. I should have thrown my soda at him... It was free refill night after all.
                      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDSS SS!!1!1

"We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                        X