X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego...

I'm flying to San Diego on Thursday.

Been there once, for 48 hours. Don't remember much of it.
    I'll be in SD for about 5 days, Thurs- Tues, for some dental work in TJ.

But since I'll really be waiting for Senor Dentist to fix something, what do I get to do as La Tourista in SD?
    I know the SD zoo is popular, so that's a place I'd like to go.

What else can people recommend? On a cheapskate budget?

Cutenoob The Cheapnoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comic-Con is this weekend. Good luck getting in though....

Comment

Mrs. TGK and I stumbled onto SD's Little Italy on the way back from Sea World (we jumped the gun and got off the trolley one stop early). We found some killer bargains there--most of the places have their menus posted in the window. The Maritime museum is also a bargain and quite educational--we bought a braided rope that we still use as a hot pad (it's large enough to accomodate a roasting pan). There is also a bunch of shops south of the Maritime Museum with some nice deals on snacks and souveniers.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

*cry* I wanna go to ComiCon. I have yet to be able to afford it, with travel and accomodations...all that geeky goodness, only an hour and half away!
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Seaport Village has some great shops and It's all free to just browse there. Also if you can the Wild Animal Park is FANTASTIC ! ! ! It's part of the zoo system but puts the animals in more realistic surroundings. Also a stop in Balboa Park is good. There are museums, a HUGE pipe organ that used to play free concerts and my favorite of all, the Old Globe Theater. Modeled after the Globe in England, it's a live theater. They do all sorts of different plays. Check the box office for last minute discounts on unsold tickets. Enjoy my old stomping grounds. I wanna go back

Comment

I am a geek, a puter geek...not a comic geek....but I bet the geekness vibe in the city will be higher than normal.

Ack.

Cutenoob
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Immortal1982 View Post
              Comic-Con is this weekend. Good luck getting in though....
              No chance on that happening. They sold out almost two months ago.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                Seaport Village has some great shops and It's all free to just browse there.
                That's the place I was thinking about. Thanks.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

When I lived in California, I went to San Diego almost every weekend. We had annual passes for the zoo and Wild Animal Park and for Sea World for years and years.

There used to be a really good Greek place in Seaport Village as well as an awesome toy store that sold all wooden toys. I got my son's first rattle at that store.

Comment

Working...
                  X