X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooo many stories...(long)

and no clue where to put them all...

So as most of you know, I bought a new house and with my parents help have been renovating it rather extensively.

But wanted to share some stories from having practically lived at lowes for the past 3 weeks.

The Good...

Mom and I want to eventually put in a tankless water heater in the duplex (the house I bought for a place to live and extra income). So off we go to lowes...we enter and are promptly greeted by 2 people who see my mother in a wheelchair (me pushing it of course), and ask if there is anything they can do to help us?

Neither know where the heaters we're looking for are but a coworker that happened to be walking by at the time said he'd take us there and find someone who could talk to us about it.

We take at least 10 minutes talking with the lady who came to assist us, and she was not only knowledgable, but willing to go the extra mile to make sure we understood all the differences in the models they had available.

The Bad...

Went to look at new flooring for the kitchen since the old tile in the kitchen looks like a mud puddle sat in the room for 4 years, let his cousin mold move in, then they both die once we start CLEANING the floor.

We go to lowes again, and spend 10 minutes looking at floor options, with no luck and NOONE to assist us, though several people who worked there walked by, looked at us, and didn't do anything. We finally found an item and couldn't again find anyone to help us find any of the boxes of tiles to purchase, or anything. (no worries we didn't pull any SC moments)

The Semi-Bad...

Back to lowes again for light bulbs, lighting fixtures, counter top, sink, faucet, and a few other things. We go in and can't find ANYONE again, so we wander over to the light fixtures. Not 5minutes later, 2 associates walk down the aisle towards us, but get a "deer caught in the headlights" look when mom tries to flag them down. One keeps on walking ignoring us completely while the other stops and asks what we need. He is unable to help us, but politely says he'll get someone who can.

The Good...

Next onto looking at fridges, sinks and countertops....takes 6 different people to order the fridge, before they finally set us up with a guy who goes out of his way to check that what we were wanting was not only in stock, but would be available to be delivered the next day when the fridge would be delivered. he also talked with us about the sink features, listening to what we wanted and offering a few different options that fit what we needed. He even showed genuine remorse that they didn't have a special feature we wanted, but went again out of his way to see if it was available in a town down the road where my mom lives.

The GREAT!!!!

Stepping away from wage slave stories...and into the food department. We've been ordering lunch from this sub place down the road from my new house (not subway...MUCH better called Jersey Mike's). I'm talking feeding 6 - 8 people with drinks and chips for everyone.

So tuesday, I walk in there am greeted by NAME by the cute server behind the counter and ask if I'm still working on my house (did I mention we ate there alot? >.>). I laugh and say yes and then appologize and say I've got a larger then normal order thats semi complicated....3 giant subs (13 inches compared to 12), double roast beef and cheese on 2 of them, all 3 cut in half, each with different toppings. I appologized to the poor girl on veggies that day and she said "oh this is an easy order, because you are clear, precise and know exactly what you want on what." Move down to pay for all the sammiches, and try and politely explain to the cashier that though I have 6 half sammiches, they are actually all the same.

That experience was exactly why I keep going back, it just makes my day, and they are not only fast, but polite and accurate.

The Sighting...

So, in lowes again (big surpise eh?) and go to order some special doors that are being replaced in the house. AGAIN no one around, and when I go to hunt someone down, I run into (not literally), 2 guys that are talking with an associate about vaccums. I wait a short distance away and as he apperently goes and checks on something for the guys, I ask if he could page someone to help me with ordering of the doors.

Me:
    OG: old guy
    YG: young guy
    WS: Wage Slave

WS: Sure, let me just check on this for these gentlemen then I'll get someone right away for you.
    OG: yeah, you better kid cause we been waiting for EVER for someone...you best not take care of a nonpaying customer like HER before us.
    YG: ~giving me the most pittifuly appologectic look I've EVER seen~
    me:

Funny thing though...they were still waiting for the guy to come back as we walked past the aisle....invoice for PAID doors in hand

ok thats all I can remember now...need sleep...have to be BACK at the house to meet the electrican tomorrow morning, and will probably be there till late again.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Good grief, you ran the gauntlet there!!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Uh, asking for help ordering a rather large item makes you a non-paying customer? 'kay...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X