This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major issues with Roayl Canin GSD forumla

I'm sure you've seen me write about this before. Well, my wife finally got her replacement bag from the store she bought it from (over on the gulf coast) and when we opened it up guess what we saw?

Bugs. Insect larvae.

This is the fourth bag in a year and it is definitely NOT just a bad batch or an issue with one supplier. This was a bag to replace an infested bag we got a few months ago (the pet food store is extremely good).

We also had one bag last winter from Petco that was infested and also a bag from PetSmart that was infested.

4 bags in one year though different channels and PetCo and PetSmart are large enough to get their supply direct form the manufacturer or where the bags are first available here in the USA.

My wife spoke to the pet supply owner and she may just take a credit towards some Taste of the Wild (about $0.20 a pound cheaper) instead of Royal Canin.

It's sad, really. We've been a fan of theirs for years and a strong advocate of their food, especially the GSD formula - they even went and designed kibble that helped prevents bloat.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

*vomit!* That is all.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Well, not actually 'vomit', but I totally understand your concern Draggar. A company with QC this poor can't really be trusted.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        It's sad, really. We've been a fan of theirs for years and a strong advocate of their food, especially the GSD formula - they even went and designed kibble that helped prevents bloat.
        Just out of curiosity (I lost a dog to bloat...or more like the emergency vet killed my dog..but I digress) how does that work?

As far as the bugs in the food In all my years of having dogs I've never had bugs in their food, and you've had 4 bags in a year? I'd seriously look at switching brands.
        Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

Working...
        X