X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Funny Prank!

NOT!

My boyfriend's brother is officially crazy. He has some really bad mental problems and whatnot, but this was just immature.

There's been a lot of rock and country music festivals lately, and my boyfriend got a craigslist account to try to get some cheap tickets. He made a profile and tried his best to score something....and failed.

He must have left himself logged in, because his brother went online and found some guy trying to sell some subwolfers, and sent him a message with my boyfriend's phone number, saying he wanted to buy them. Then he TOLD my boyfriend what he did, and naturally, my boyfriend got pissed and told him off. But for some reason, boyfriend didn't see it necessary to right away get back on there and send another message apologizing for the cruel prank, that he wasn't interested, again sorry....please disregard the other message.

So boyfriend and I were laying in bed last night, ready to go to sleep.....around 2 am, the texts started.

This guy texted my boyfriend no less than 5 times between 2-3 am this morning, threatening him and saying that he HAS to buy the subwolfers, OR ELSE, etc etc etc. Boyfriend ignored all of the texts, but we were getting really irritated.

Hopefully today he does something about it. It's not very mature to start sending threatening text messages, but at the same time, just what made my bf's brother think it would be funny to do that?!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Uh, harassment, much? He should text or email this guy back and tell him his brother was playing a prank, he's sorry but he's not interested, and if he texts him again in the middle of the night, or otherwise keeps pushing it, he should report it to Craigslist. The "OR ELSE" is a threat (did he say or else what?) and I'm sure Craigslist frowns on that...they may be able to suspend his account or something. I hope this guy doesn't live near you...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I call him later before we get together, I'll ask him what went down.

Boyfriend ended up turning his phone onto silent after the last text, and when we woke up today, there weren't any more new ones.

Edit to add: He only said "You have to buy my subwolfers, OR ELSE"

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

Edit to add: He only said "You have to buy my subwolfers, OR ELSE"

It's perfectly obvious! He either buys them... or else... he doesn't!
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

The plot thickens.

Come to find out, it wasn't that guy at all. It was his brother that night, sending him messages to his phone from craigslist......

He called the guy from craiglist and said he was sorry, but it was a mean prank his brother was pulling, and that he wasn't interested.

Comment

His brother needs a hobby.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

No shit, right?

Perhaps bf and I need to get more technically inclined, since his phone showed that the messages were sent from an IP address.....so the only thing we know was it was coming from a computer, but unsure whose it was.

Comment

Working...
              X