This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice from you hotel/travel people out there

I've found a truly astounding rate to fly back home for the holidays (meaning Christmas and the New Year). The only drawback is that on the flight back here, the departure time is around 6 a.m.

The departure will not be from the city where I will be staying. I will have to stay overnight in the departure city. I was just looking up hotel rates, thinking I'd stay at an airport hotel, and those prices are enough to stop your heart.

Since the plane (supposedly) departs at 6 a.m., I want to be there at least two hours earlier. This means getting up at 3 a.m., at least, to make sure I have everything, and to catch the airport shuttle.

So. What is the best way to do this? Find a hotel near the airport, with a shuttle, and pay through the nose for staying there only part of the night? Stay at a B&B or a hostel instead, and take a taxi? What?

what's the city, I can look into it (and what I can't find I can get in touch with my friends at the call center still).
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

If you're comfortable posting the city and/or dates...go ahead and I'll check some out for you.

Or you can PM me.

Is it a weekend? Usually airport hotel rates drop on the weekends because they mostly cater to business travelers.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Much to my amazement, the ONE B&B that I contacted will provide me with shuttle service, should I choose to stay with them. I'll need to check the prices, though, because they look pretty upscale.

Smileyeagle and Peppergirl, please check your inboxes for a message. And thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X