X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to Spamalot!

Wheeeeeeee!! I *LOVE* living near LA!

When I lived with my friend L, she would often have her iTunes on shuffle, and though I wasn't fond of showtunes, I would crack up anytime the stuff from the Spamalot soundtrack would come on.

This summer, Spamalot is showing at the Ahmanson in LA, and we both wanted to go. Her family had been to see the show in New York, and she was dying to see it. So I got tickets for her birthday, and we're going tonight!!

Hehehehe...

NI!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Yay! I hope you have loooots of fun, but I'm sure you will.

Living near LA was fun. I used to live RIGHT next to the Verizon Amphitheater (is it still called that?) in Irvine, by the Spectrum and Wild Rivers. I used to be able to hike in and listen to concerts if I could avoid the security that would patrol the hills sometimes. And I got to see stuff at Staples Center and Universal.

Comment

Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
      Yay! I hope you have loooots of fun, but I'm sure you will.

Living near LA was fun. I used to live RIGHT next to the Verizon Amphitheater (is it still called that?) in Irvine, by the Spectrum and Wild Rivers. I used to be able to hike in and listen to concerts if I could avoid the security that would patrol the hills sometimes. And I got to see stuff at Staples Center and Universal.
      Nice!! I live just off the 57 in Brea; my best friend lives in Anaheim and can see the Disneyland fireworks from her couch. I've gotten to see some cool operas and concerts; I don't usually get to see many shows, just due to expense, but I did get to see The Lion King twice, so that was cool.

I LOVE living in a metropolitan area! The choice of food (hmmm, do I want pho today, or should I go to the Ethiopian place?), the availability of shows, concerts, opera, etc, the museums (yay for the Getty!) I LOVE that!
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

There's certainly always something to do in Southern California, if you can afford it. Or even if you can't. There's so much to see.

Comment

Joi...I hate you *sulk*
          PS Will require extensive reviews, thanks
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I saw Spamalot last year, and loved it!

Comment

Have fun! I saw it in New York last year before it closed. What a blast. ^^
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

OMG it's awesome!!! You're going to loooove it!!!!

I saw it a couple years ago and want to see it again! The actor's mics went out in the middle of the play and the actors started doing a Benny Hill routine while the stagehands tried to fix it (running back and forth across the stage, coming in and out of different enterances). It was SO FUNNY!

HAVE FUUUN!!!!

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
                  OMG it's awesome!!! You're going to loooove it!!!!

I saw it a couple years ago and want to see it again! The actor's mics went out in the middle of the play and the actors started doing a Benny Hill routine while the stagehands tried to fix it (running back and forth across the stage, coming in and out of different enterances). It was SO FUNNY!

HAVE FUUUN!!!!
                  Oh, wow, that's awesome.

I actually have a tiny avi version with the original cast. Tim Curry, Hank Aza-whatever. That guy from Two of a Kind.
                  "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                    Hank Aza-whatever. That guy from Two of a Kind.
                    Hank Azaria. Also seen as the housekeeper in The Birdcage and multiple voices for The Simpsons.

I'm not very familiar with Spamalot, but it sounds fun!
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                      Hank Azaria. Also seen as the housekeeper in The Birdcage and multiple voices for The Simpsons.

I'm not very familiar with Spamalot, but it sounds fun!
                      That's him.

Basically, it's Monty Python's Holy Grail set to music. They add some stuff, like a deeper meaning to the Quest, leave out some scenes, condense a character or two, add a Diva, Herbert gets to finish a song, you enter Camelot, and there's a happy ending.

Also, Eric Idle included Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.

Comment

I saw it in Dec. '05 on Broadway. Eric Idle came out first.

I'll admit it followed the movie very closely, but with just enough variation ("Not Dead Yet," "You Won't Get on Broadway (If You Don't Have Any Jews)") to make it fun.
                        Testing
                        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I'm still laughing!! Oh my gosh, what a funny show!!

My friend and I had a terriffic time last night, and really enjoyed the show. Of course, I knew all the songs already, but I didn't really know how they'd used them in the story.

And they kept doing references to other Broadway shows: my friend and I found bits of West Side Story, Fiddler on the Roof, Phantom of the Opera, and Les Mis, though we may have missed some others.

Brilliant!

It's coming to the OC Performing Arts Center soon, and I want to go see it again!

Comment

I loved that show. My sister-in-law knows one of the folks involved with the music and we got free seats to see it New York last year.

Only downside was that Mr. Dips was too tired from the drive to stay awake during the second act. So I guess we'll have to see it again when it comes to Boston to make up for what he missed.
                            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                            X