This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans of weapons of war?

It's not a new game or anything. Since I've been young I've been a fan for weapons of war. I mean as a kid it started with starblazers, and voltron. But obviously as I got older I got into real things.

For instance I have a couple of daggers and hand to hand weapons, obviously just for show. I like decorative swords and daggers (when the kids get older I'll probably get into collecting them moreso), as well as medieval armor. Mainly plate armor, but I've seen some really nice sets of leather armor. I also have a hand forged claymore. It's not pretty like the other items I have, but it was created for me.

As far as other things I do like claymore's and most large two handed swords, as well as samurai swords.

More modern weapons.

I like battleships, in part I'm sure the Argo from starblazers made me a fan of them. Sure they're not needed anymore, but I still love them. It's all about the big guns.

The AC-130 gunship. Again all about the big guns, just better cause it flies.

And the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress more so because of all that this plane did.

And for weapons I've hear about, which are less known.

The Metal Storm I saw this on Future weapons once and fell in love with the thing.

And please don't make this a thread debate about war. To me it's not about war, it's the art and power of the weapons.
    "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Metal Storm is awesome.

To me the H&K MP5 A4 is one of the most gorgeous guns I know of.

I have around 11 decorative swords and daggers, from 2 Lord of the Ring Replicas (Sting and the Ringwraith Longsword (My biggest one 5.5 feet in total length) to Riddicks Claws, Blades Glaives and a viking longsword and a broadsword and stuff.

3 things I'd love to own:

Roman Gladius
    Roman Scutum Shield
    Roman Pilum

I'd love a Hoplitai, Greek Spear and greek hoplite cuirasses.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
      Metal Storm is awesome.
      Here here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX6YvWxtrxw

Just discovered it today. And here I was thinking caseless weapons systems were the way of the future. MS is solid state, no moving parts? Awesome.

I do see a couple flaws in MS infantry arms. The bullets are lined up in the barrel horizontally, so that the first bullet has little muzzle length. Seems to me the first shot wouldn't have much accuracy that way.

Also how would you reload a weapon, where the barrel also serves as the clip/magazine? Detachable barrels? Speedloaders? Don't know about that one.

To me the H&K MP5 A4 is one of the most gorgeous guns I know of.
      I'll see your HK MP5 and raise you an Israeli Tavor-21. Those things look like something out of the future.
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

As for Metal Storm, do you know there's a grenade launcher version, though it's a bit slower.

The Metal Storm systems usualy have a honeycomb box that feeds into the back of it that contains the rounds.

Metal Storms best use would probably be as part of an anti aircraft battery rather than individual weapons I think.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

That Tavor is lovely, then again I'm biased towards the Bullpup design to begin with.

As for personal ownership...we've got more swords than a castle armory and at least twice as many knives. Lesse...an axe, a spear, he's got something that closely resembles an ulak from EQ...I think we're set for the zombie invasion.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
          X