This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing Birkenstocks can be hazardous to your health

Got up a little earlier today to pick up a few groceries, and the Sunday paper.

I slipped on my Birkenstock sandals, hopped into my car and went to the Grocery Store of Awesome.

After a little while, I felt something funny underneath my toes. I took my sandal off--and shook out a dead bumblebee.

That was almost the second time in my life I've been stung by a stinging insect hanging out in my footwear.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I live in my Birks (about to order a spare pair) and thankfully, all I have gotten undermy toes so far is pebbles.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Actually, Irv, you were totally safe from getting stung. Bumblebees don't have stingers.

Other bees and wasps, do though, so you should still watch out.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
        Actually, Irv, you were totally safe from getting stung. Bumblebees don't have stingers.
        Smarty-pants, it was a dead bug, I doubt he looked it up in a field guide to insects just to post about it.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post

Other bees and wasps, do though, so you should still watch out.
          Tell that to the one that drilled a hole in my shin! In the US they certainly have stingers!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X