This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Quote Sam Kinison....

"I don't condone violence against women. I understand it, but I don't condone it."

In this case, I would even condone it. Because this woman, I want to beat the living crap out of.

My girlfriend Nurse Betty has children. One of whom is a lovely, bubbly, energetic, delightful grade school daughter. One of those kids that make people who don't want to have kids actually think about wanting to have kids. We'll call her Bubbly.

Now, Bubbly's father did her and Nurse Betty a great favor a long time ago, and disappeared. Completely. No one knows where he is. Considering what a shitbag he was, that was a good thing. But his mother, Bubbly's grandmother, is still involved in her life, and has been, by all accounts, a pretty good grandma. Grandma's daughter, Bubbly's paternal aunt T, however, has always been kind of a shit to Nurse Betty and even her own niece, Bubbly.

All of the above is normal. All of the above is annoying and a nuisance and makes NB not like T all that much. And all of the above is inconsequential except as a prelude to what happened yesterday.

Bubbly was at Grandma's house, and T was also there. Apparently Grandma told Bubbly to do something, Bubbly did it, then T told her to do it. Bubbly told her she already did it, and she knows how to do it. At which point T became Auntie Dearest, grabbing this lovely little girl by the neck and choking her. Bubbly actually told NB that she thought she was going to die. Bubbly got away and ran. T was so out of control that Grandma, T's own mother, locked herself and Bubbly in another room and called the police.

The good news is that the police came, took statements from all three, and promptly arrested Aunt Pyscho. She has been booked into jail, charged with two felony assault charges. Due to the bond the judge posted for her, it is rather unlikely she'll be getting out of jail before the arraignment next week. NB is going to be taking out a restraining order against T, but one bit of good news is that almost always in assault cases, especially those involving children, the judge tends to order the accused to have no contact with the victim. Basically, a court ordered restraining order on top of that which NB is going to file.

So, as much as I detest men who are violent against women, I defy anyone to honestly tell me I am wrong for wanting the beat the living shit out of Bubbly's psycho aunt. Seriously. Let's just say it's a good thing for her that she is thousands of miles from me AND in jail. Grrr...
    Last edited by Jester; 08-10-2009, 05:02 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

ARRRRGH!!! That bitch!

Ms. Dytch and I have been through hell and back this past year getting custody of our grandDytch.

And I agree with the late great Sam Kinison: I don't condone violence against such women as T . . . BUT I UNDERSTAND IT!!! AUGHH!!! AUGHHH!!! AUGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't have judged you harshly had you actually beat the living shit out of Psycho Aunt.

You having two X chromosomes doesn't mean I don't get to lay a hand on you if I see you harming somebody else. That's the one and only time I'd ever consider it.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I wouldn't have judged you harshly had you actually beat the living shit out of Psycho Aunt.

You having two X chromosomes doesn't mean I don't get to lay a hand on you if I see you harming somebody else. That's the one and only time I'd ever consider it.
        Exactly, you being a woman doesn't give you special treatment. You don't harm anyone ever unless it's the only way to defend yourself or others.

In that woman's case I'd loan you a shovel and hand you an alibi.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

All bets are off when it comes to children. I don't care if you are a wheelchair bound 90 year old lady. If you deliberately harm a child and you happen to be near me at any time, I will have no problem turning every brittle bone in your body into fine powder. Slowly and starting from the toes, up.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Had I been in Phoenix and gotten to her before the police did, I would have. Unquestionably.

And of course, then there would be two arrests. One going to jail, and the other going to the jail infirmary. Anyone wanna guess which would be which?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Ya know Jester, I'm a bit of an old-fashioned guy. I was raised to believe that you NEVER hit a lady... but then, I've never met a lady that would try to strangle a child!

In other words, that crazy bitch is no lady in MY book, so I have to agree with you and the late Sam Kinison on this one.
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

I would NEVER hit a lady.

But as you said, this walking tampon is hardly a lady. Hell, she is about as much of a lady as I am a professional basketball player. (And no, the Phoenix Suns have NOT been returning my calls.....)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester I suspect if you were there, someone would be going to jail, and the other would be going to the morgue.

Assaulting a child? I hope she does time, she'll be a real "hit" on the inside.
                  Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Talon, actually, you are a bit off.

If I were there, no one would be going to jail, and no one would be going to the morgue.

There would, however, probably be a missing persons report filed. Not that any part of that missing person would ever be found, mind you......

Still A Customer."

Comment

I once considered offering a small commission to work for guys who needed some chick slapped around but couldn't bring themselves to do it...

...I would give discounts to friends.

Just sayin'.

But I'm right up there with you. Hurting a kid is far and away my worst berserk button. If I ever suspected for a second (and I have even told their parents/threatened them with this) that ANYONE was hurting my nephew or nieces, the only mercy they could hope for would be that I was too far gone to remember not to finish them quickly. It'd make the Rockingham murder scene look like a nosebleed.

Of course, I'm also teaching my girls how to fight at an early age. Three years old and each one can already do a nearly flawless STO. And they've been known to attack their daddy whenever he's play-wrestling their mommy. I'm not worried about them.
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

Of course, I'm also teaching my girls how to fight at an early age. Three years old and each one can already do a nearly flawless STO. And they've been known to attack their daddy whenever he's play-wrestling their mommy. I'm not worried about them.
                        Do you mean play wrestling or 'play wrestling'? In one case I recommend locking the bedroom door.
                        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Ho-lee crap!

Being female doesn't give you carte blanche to do whatever you please, including assaulting another person, especially a child. I'm glad Grandma rescued the kid and called the police on PsychoAunt, and I hope the hag is locked up for a very long time!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Okay, I need some opinions here.

We can all agree that Aunt Psycho was way over the line and deserved to be arrested and charged (and hopefully soon to be convicted and sentenced to a harsh, harsh punishment--like, say, cleaning up stables for horses who have been fed nothing but Mexican food, heavy on the beans). But there was another issue that went down that has Nurse Betty seeing red.

Background: the reason Psycho Aunt went nuts was that she told C (NB's daughter) to wash her hands, C told her she already had, PA told her to do it anyway, and C told her that Grandma had already told her to and she DID know how to wash her own hands...and that is when Psycho Aunt went nuts and assaulted C. Yeah. For that.

Naturally everyone involved thought that PA was beyond the pale. But after everything happened, PA's sister, Miss Priss, actually said to C, "Well, it's kind of your fault...you should know to listen."

Nurse Betty is livid over that comment, convinced that, possibly even more than the assault itself, this could scar Little C psychologically, maybe even setting her up for abusive relationships down the road. (I.e., "it's your fault he hit you...if only you had listened to him!" Etc., etc.) I think that might be a stretch, and think that Prissy's comment was definitely inappropriate and horribly timed, but don't think it comes even close to the wrongness of what Psycho Aunt did. Nurse Betty's mother kind of agrees with me on this point, but of course even mentioning it to NB sets her off, so we are kind of eggshell walking on this one.

So, what do you folks think? Was it an inappropriate and badly timed comment, or was it actually far worse, potentially traumatic enough to cause lifelong emotional scars and such? I do not view this as a "who's right?" type question, more what do you guys think?

I welcome all opinions on this matter. Well, except for those of Psycho Aunt, of course!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh hell no.

Miss Piss's comment went far beyond inappropriate and badly timed. If I were C I would never speak to Piss ever again. She would certainly have my full support on that.

As for scarring her for life, depends on what kind of relationship C has with Piss. Or should I say, had. Also depends on how much support C has from other family.

The true source of all pain is neither the heart, nor the hand. It is the mouth.
                              - G'Kar, Babylon 5
                              Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
                              X