This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting a car

When you rent a car, do they charge you after you return it or while you have it? I'm curious cause I'm going on vacation soon & plan on renting a car for 6 days.
    It's going to be through Enterprise Rent-a-Car.

My experience with renting cars, through Hertz (AAA discount) is that they put a hold on the card and then then you pay for it when you get back from your trip.

Usually our hold is $250.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

i love enterprise, my experience is they charge a hold on your card, but you dont pay until you return it

Comment

Just a complete side to the OT, but worth stating.

From a 6-year veteran of the car rental agencies, they will try to upsell you from the car you have reserved.

Tip 1: NEVER accept that until they tell you what they have to offer. Quite often, at least with the major agencies, they oversell the smaller cars, and will have to give you the larger car for no extra charge. Always wait.

Tip 2: Check with your insurance company and/or credit card and make sure your covered for damages. You can save yourself a lot of cash by declining their insurance coverage.

Eric the Grey
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
          Tip 2: Check with your insurance company and/or credit card and make sure your covered for damages. You can save yourself a lot of cash by declining their insurance coverage.
          Be aware that if your own insurance does cover rentals, you may be required to show proof of such if you wish to decline the hire car agency's insurance.

Comment

Working...
          X