X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteor Shower....

....Or Completely Awesome First Date.

So, a few weeks ago, I met a guy, let's call him McGee, for coffee. (I chose McGee because he's a chemistry Ph.D. and has that geeky cute vibe the character on NCIS does). Anyway. We had chatted online and seemed to click pretty well. Met for coffee, and he's cute but obviously nervous and a little socially awkward. We chat for a while, then he had to leave, and I thought 'Well, that's a nice guy, maybe something will happen, maybe it won't' We ping a few messages back and forth, and today he asked me if I wanted to go watch the meteor shower with him out at the nearby lake. Sounds fun, never seen a meteor shower before, okay.

So, he picks me up, and on the way out there we miss a turn. He realizes that we're lost, but sees a dead end country road, and there's not a lot of light, so hey, this place is as good as any. Get out, and he's got sparkling wine and wine glasses in the trunk. Which...I thought was a really sweet touch. Sit on the trunk, lie back on the glass, and watch the shower. Which was really pretty. The rising moon started to spoil it a little, but we saw a lot of 'shooting stars'. And then.....

This old woman comes out of nowhere wanting to know exactly who the hell we are. Apparently, she lived in a house at the end of the road, she saw the headlights, and came out to investigate. Explained we were just there to watch the sky, and she walked off calling us 'idiots'. She walked by about a half hour later, just checking in. She seemed to be just a wee bit off her rocker. We heard sirens at one point and I said, "Uh oh! She called the cops after us!"

At any rate, the whole evening was just...it was so nice. The sky was beautiful, the weather was fantastic, even a bit cool, and McGee...he's a really sweet guy. We were sitting there and made eye contact, and I gave him this look of, "So are you gonna kiss me now, or what?"

*sigh* He even walked me to my door at the end of the night. It's been a while since I've been around someone who knew the meaning of the word "chivalry". He suggested going over to his place soon for some old school Nintendo and to meet his cats.

I don't know how interesting this all is....but I'm happy and a little excited and I'm not sure if I can sleep just yet.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    ...he's got sparkling wine and wine glasses in the trunk. Which...I thought was a really sweet touch.
    Nice touch! And I tend to think of myself as a very creative romantic, so that is high praise.

Gentlemen, those of you who are always asking for ideas for dates, remember: much can be learned from McGee. (And no, you don't need a meteor shower to implement this idea!)

AA, sounds like a pretty cool guy. Keep us posted!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Second date tonight (we've both been supercrazyridiculous busy). Picnic, then a movie. I've had In Bruges from Netflix for two weeks and finally got to watch it! Awesome movie, btw. Perhaps not the most appropriate date flick, but whatevs, man.

Um...I feel like a pretty pretty princess. I caught myself giggling. I'm keeping this one around for a while.

Did I mention he has kitties? Three kitties. They are adorable. Two have happily accepted me into the fold and the third is kind of ambivalent. Which is as good as you can get with some cats. Unfortunately, it does mean spending time at my place more than his place because sometimes cats make my sinuses and eyes go completely nutso.

Comment

*hugs* Yey for you! He sounds like a real .... ah hell I was gonna say "Nice guy" ... then "keeper"... But the former sounds too friend like... and the latter seems to sudden.... so don't have a good "He Sounds Like" >< So I guess I'll just say Happy you found someone you think you can keep around for a while!
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
          He sounds like a real .... ah hell I was gonna say "Nice guy" ... then "keeper"... But the former sounds too friend like... and the latter seems to sudden.... so don't have a good "He Sounds Like" ><
          But I do!

He sounds like a winner!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

*sigh* Deep breath....

Long story short - he dumped me.

He asked me over to dinner tonight, and we had a great dinner - played Donkey Kong Country (as in...all of it! ), tried to watch Saving Private Ryan and couldn't (I'm taking a class in Theatre and the Holocaust, and it's affected my tolerance for that kind of thing), so switched to Serenity. Laughing, talking...I asked him to give me a back rub, and his hands are trembling...so I'm thinking it's sexy times.

Then he says, "We need to talk". He said he's at the point where he wants to find someone to marry. And...well...I ain't it. But he wants to be friends (of course).

Cut to a lot of crying and seething rage and a lot of...random things said. Especially, "And, so why couldn't you figure that out before we had sex?" He actually stayed pretty calm and tried to hug me, tried to comfort me, saying things like, "It's not you, you're wonderful, you'll find someone..." I ended up saying a few rather nasty things and marching out the door. Once I got home and calmed down a bit, I did call him and apologize for leaving the way I did. And set up a signal - I've taken him off my Facebook. When/if I'm ready to give being friends a go, I'll send him a friend request.

And it's not just this guy. It's the collected hurt of all the crap that I've gone through the past few years. The guy that I wasn't good enough to date, but I was good enough for a roll in the sack. The guy that wouldn't commit to anything because his work came first. The long periods of being single. And finally finally finally, here comes a guy that actually treats me like a lady. Too good to be true I guess, these things just don't happen to me.

I'm hurt. I'm numb. I have waaayyy too much on my plate to add this on to it. I've been trying to juggle, but eggs are dropping left and right. I just want to quit trying....

Comment

<MASSIVE HUGS!!>

Oh, AA, I'm so sorry, hun. I know what it's like to have so much on your plate to deal with. (Granted, not with personal relationships, but still, empathy!!)

I won't offer any of the cliche random platitudes. How about I say that as soon as I figure out how to mail cheesecake brownies without them going bad, you're on the list for a batch?

Other than that, if you need to rant/vent or whathaveyou, I'm told I've got good strong shoulders, and am a good listener. Just throwing that out there.

<More hugs>

Comment

Thanks, Lupo! This semester has just been hell, hasn't it? 2009 needs to go away.

Luckily, I had made brownies for our dinner, so I still have a big plate of chocolate, and my girls here have already rallied for me....*deep breath* It's going to be okay. (But cheesecake brownies those sound yummy! PM me the recipe?)

So, I'm just going to throw myself into my work and my friends. I'm taking a big step away from Facebook (lots of my friends are getting married or engaged or falling in love and...I just don't want to read about all that right now). Probably be good...I need an internet detox.

At any rate - thanks for listening.

Comment

This is going to sound weird, I know. But thanks AA for this proof that socially awkward, respectful guys such as myself still have at least a tiny bit of a chance.

*offers a hug*
                  Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Thanks, Lupo! This semester has just been hell, hasn't it? 2009 needs to go away.
                    Yes. Yes it does, as it wasn't just the semester that's been hell. January forward has been craptastic to the extreme.

Luckily, I had made brownies for our dinner, so I still have a big plate of chocolate, and my girls here have already rallied for me....*deep breath* It's going to be okay. (But cheesecake brownies those sound yummy! PM me the recipe?)
                    done! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X