X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear MIL (venting)

Dear, MIL,

I know you're hurting. Finding out that your father has cancer and has been given six months to live is devastating; you're not the only one having sleepless nights, teary pillows or stress. I feel like I've aged twenty years over the last three weeks and he's not even *my* blood... though it feels like now that I finally have a grandfather, I too am loosing him. And that kills me, MIL.

But you know what's not fair? You taking it out on your son. He doesn't call as much as he could because every time he does he gets his ass ripped anew. Grandma yells and cries because she a) hates me and thinks I keep him out here against his will. I'm abusive and mean, remember? b) she's losing her husband. c) she's losing her mother. d) she's losing her mind.

We're trying all we can to spend time with you guys... to be there when you need us; to do all we can to help out emotionally and financially. But we can't feed you and ourselves too. We can't hop on a plane and be there for the next six months as much as we'd love to. Not all of us have the liberty to quit our jobs and still have a roof over heads.

You're not the only one hurting.

Your mom is hurting. I'm hurting. Your children are suffering. More than anyone, I think your eldest is suffering and he won't tell a soul; I know it kills him, though. Grandpa was the father he's never had-- EVER will have because no matter how you and FIL want FIL to be accepted as Hub's father, you can't accept someone who is as old as your wife to be the man who raised him... especially when he didn't. -- Hubby won't tell me it hurts. He wont' admit it because he's too busy trying to hold it all in and be 'The Man'.

You're not here to see him fall into silence and his gaze turn inward. It is disturbing to see someone whose life is full of love and life be dull. He won't tell me what is wrong. He knows I cry a lot. In the bathroom, when I'm showering... in the other room when I think he's asleep. I feel like I have to do the crying for the both of us since he's too busy acting like its okay.

It kills him, MIL, when you accuse him of not giving a damn. You DON'T KNOW what we're doing for you guys; we've canceled our tickets to Orlando. We're driving to be with you. We're spending our long awaited honeymoon to be with the man he deems his father... but you wouldn't know that, not that we'd tell you. We don't want 'thank you's at all.. but whatever.

You wouldn't know anyway... because you're too busy being a selfish little bitch who thinks your FATHER HAVING CANCER IS ALL ABOUT YOU.

So.

Really.

Take a broom and shove it up your ass, sideways.

Sincerely,

Demise.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

PS: and tell that old damned bitch of your mother to shut the fuck up about me beating my husband because I DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HIM!
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Oh wow...I'm sorry all of this is happening Demise. *hugs* Your MIL and Grandma-in-law sound like they're going off the deep end with grief though...
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
        Oh wow...I'm sorry all of this is happening Demise. *hugs* Your MIL and Grandma-in-law sound like they're going off the deep end with grief though...
        Sadly, they've always been like this. GMIL sent me to jail back in April.. for 'beating' my husband (all I did was slap him due to not having my glasses and totally misjudging the distance). I almost got my ass deported over that.

And even though I got let out on probation since even the cops agreed it was a bit of overkill and reaction (after all, GML was four states away and it was she who pressed charges) she won't let it go.

Comment

Ick! That just makes things even worse. I'll send lots of prayers for patience when you go on your trip. Maybe you won't have multiple funerals that way...
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Thank you. Its much appreciated though I have promised to play Good Wife and keep my mouth shut because of G-Pa. I refuse to give him another infarction and I pray to the gods that if these two bitches start it up I'll have the strength to get up to go for a drive.

What kills me is that all their complaining is making my hubby change his mind about going at all. He's now changed his mind about being there for two weeks to three days and if they keep this up, he won't want to go at all.

I sometimes feel like taking the phone away and telling them like it is but I'm afraid I'll just drive another wedge.

Comment

You're right about that--don't be the wedge. Let him work it out. Make not visiting these harpies his idea.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I am very sorry you are going through this. It is very hard to keep your mouth shut when the people who are suppose to love their son are being horrible to them. I go through the same thing. I play nice and when we get home I scream and hurt things in video games.

I love my in laws but they are going to drive me insane.

Hugs, liquor of choice, chocolate of choice and good thoughts coming your way.
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Working...
                X