Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can understand if a person has bad handwriting, but it was the complaining about how much work it is that gets to me.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• I agree that if you're complaining about how much work it is...don't do it! However, if someone makes a time-saving measure readily and easily available (thanks, Pedersen!), I plan to take full advantage of it. With the way this semester is going...I need all the help I can get! But I really loved getting all that holiday mail last year, and it was really great when I got back from my week (or so) with my folks and had a HUGE freakin' stack of cards waiting for me! Yaaayyyy!!

And THANK YOU once again to JuniorMintz and Pedersen for doing allllll the extra work to make this possible. I hope Santa puts a little something extra in your stockings.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

• I *love* writing out Christmas cards.

I put some carols on the stereo, plug in the Christmas lights, pour a glass of wine, and spend the evening in a festive mood. It's hardly work.

I haven't been able to participate in the past, but I'm very much hoping to do so this year.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

• Quoth Dips View Post
          Or you could do what I had to do one year when I had no access to a printer. Just write them out by hand. Everyone still got them which is what counts.
          You can do that?

Just kidding. I did mine all by hand last year except for the return address labels...and I printed those mostly cuz I found fun labels at the craft store for a buck a sheet. I have some left but not enough, so I'll have to see if I can find more that I like.

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          But addressing cards is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd. And it's no fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. *pout*
          It is too fun! You just don't know what fun is!!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Two years ago I did them by hand.

Last year I decided it would be easier to print the addresses onto labels. It took so much time to get the addresses cut and pasted and fitted onto the pound store labels that I bought, that it would have ben quicker to do by hand.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

• November was so ridiculously slow at work that I just brought all my supplies with me. Spent a couple of shifts just drawing, writing, stickering, addressing....

It was fun!

With the PDF readily available though... I am so taking advantage of that! It is hard work addressing all those envelopes (of course, it was a labor of love and tons of fun, so not "work" in the bad sense of the word)

Thank you JM and Pedersen AGAIN! I am really looking forward to this this year!

I loved the variety of cards I received last year. It was fun showing them off to my family and hanging all of them around my desk at work. I got a ton of compliments from my co-workers and customers, too.

Now I gotta figure out what kind of cards I'll send this year and go sticker hunting...
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

• What I do for my cards last year is I copied all the addresses into Open Office and put one address on each page. When I set it up with a 'header' with my address on it, I jsut had to adjust the margins so that the to: address was centered....

Then I just fed the envelopes through the printer! (I did have some mix ups with the printer jamming or I put the envelopes in backwards, or sometimse it forgot where it was in the list - I had over 100 cards last year! - and would print twice. I think I endd up with three envelopes for Part time Parrothead).

then I applied stamps (I am happy Canada Post now has sticker-stamps and not lick stamps! ), checked addresses, and then wrote the messages/signed/stickered the card and double checked that each went into the right enveloped (twice even!)

I have a nifty idea for cards for everyone next year that I might pitch a little earlier next year

My cards spend the off season in a nice box I bought. I want to display them at christmastime but blue Tack wont work on my walls (weird) and I haven't figured a better awy to mount them all on stone walls.
                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

• I actually do plan to take advantage of the address labels this year. I used pre-printed return address labels last year, too.

I wasn't in the best place emotionally last year, so I was really poky with my cards, but this year, I should have no distractions...I hope.

I love making my cards and if I have time, I like making little enclosures for them as a gift.
                  I may try to do what I tried a couple of years ago when my husband mistakenly threw it all out because he thought it was scraps. Hard to say.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Now comes the long, long, long wait.... October 25 feels somewhere around forever away right now. And I can't wait to find out who all is on the list.

I never was very good at patience

Comment

• This will be my 4th year on the CS Card Exchange. I am absurdly excited about it!

Last year I bought some cards on sale but they were square. Because they weren't a standard size I had to pay more for them. Plus, there was a postage change in the middle of the year sometime and I had some left over postage. So, some people got as many as 4 stamps on their card from me! I want to avoid that this year!

Can't wait for the list to come out so I can start finding the perfect cards to send!

M
                      Do I dare
                      Disturb the universe?
                      In a minute there is time
                      For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

• Reminder: Only 38 days remain to sign up for the 2009 Christmas Card List event!

So far, Ree, JuniorMintz, Setsunaela, Becks, FuzzyKitten99, AriGriffin, Monica, taxguykarl, Boggles, Pedersen, iradney, bookworm, ArcticChicken, McGoddess09, JoitheArtist, BookstoreEscapee, Aethian, I8DaCookie, Bandit, ParkingWitch, DGoddessChardonnay, worddork, AdminAssistant, Irving Patrick Freleigh, cinema guy, Camry178, SteverinoNY, BlaqueKatt, EricKei, DesignFox, calulu, Plaidman, MadMike, Part-Time Parrothead, 42_42_42, SubwayGirl, technical.angel, Bella_Vixen, Evil Queen, Horsetuna, morgana, Taboo, Sonoma, Sarlon, Melxb has joined.
                        Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

• Reminder: Only 35 days remain to sign up for the 2009 Christmas Card List event!

So far, Ree, JuniorMintz, Setsunaela, Becks, FuzzyKitten99, AriGriffin, Monica, taxguykarl, Boggles, Pedersen, iradney, bookworm, ArcticChicken, McGoddess09, JoitheArtist, BookstoreEscapee, Aethian, I8DaCookie, Bandit, ParkingWitch, DGoddessChardonnay, worddork, AdminAssistant, Irving Patrick Freleigh, cinema guy, Camry178, SteverinoNY, BlaqueKatt, EricKei, DesignFox, calulu, Plaidman, MadMike, Part-Time Parrothead, 42_42_42, SubwayGirl, technical.angel, Bella_Vixen, Evil Queen, Horsetuna, morgana, Taboo, Sonoma, Sarlon, Melxb, MannersMakethMan has joined.

Comment

• Reminder: Only 31 days remain to sign up for the 2009 Christmas Card List event!

So far, Ree, JuniorMintz, Setsunaela, Becks, FuzzyKitten99, AriGriffin, Monica, taxguykarl, Boggles, Pedersen, iradney, bookworm, ArcticChicken, McGoddess09, JoitheArtist, BookstoreEscapee, Aethian, I8DaCookie, Bandit, ParkingWitch, DGoddessChardonnay, worddork, AdminAssistant, Irving Patrick Freleigh, cinema guy, Camry178, SteverinoNY, BlaqueKatt, EricKei, DesignFox, calulu, Plaidman, MadMike, Part-Time Parrothead, 42_42_42, SubwayGirl, technical.angel, Bella_Vixen, Evil Queen, Horsetuna, morgana, Taboo, Sonoma, Sarlon, Melxb, MannersMakethMan has joined.

Comment

• If anyone needs to buy cards the Current Catalog has some Christmas clearance on their website.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• These are very nice. I was going to suggest The Oriental Trading Company.
                                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                                X