Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've opted out of the list. I can't do anything right of late so I'm going to quit this game before I mess things up for other people.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• That sucks. What's going on? Anything we can do to help make things better/easier?

Comment

• Real life stuff, mostly. Virtual life is part of it. I've been working a lot lately so that's taking a toll on things (yar, I average about 20 hours of OT a month).
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Reminder: Only 28 days remain to sign up for the 2009 Christmas Card List event!

So far, Ree, JuniorMintz, Setsunaela, Becks, FuzzyKitten99, AriGriffin, Monica, taxguykarl, Boggles, Pedersen, iradney, bookworm, ArcticChicken, McGoddess09, JoitheArtist, BookstoreEscapee, Aethian, I8DaCookie, Bandit, ParkingWitch, DGoddessChardonnay, worddork, AdminAssistant, Irving Patrick Freleigh, cinema guy, Camry178, SteverinoNY, BlaqueKatt, EricKei, DesignFox, calulu, Plaidman, MadMike, Part-Time Parrothead, 42_42_42, SubwayGirl, technical.angel, Bella_Vixen, protege, Horsetuna, morgana, Taboo, Sonoma, Sarlon, Melxb, MannersMakethMan has joined.
          Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

• Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            I've opted out of the list. I can't do anything right of late so I'm going to quit this game before I mess things up for other people.
            I'm sorry to hear that.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

• After juggling with the budget I am going to sign up. I have sacrificed enough lately and this is one of the few things I look forward to every single year! Im not blamed giving this up to!

4th year in a row here I come!

ETA the "a" in my address is very important! There are "a" and "b" streets with the same street name! Please be sure you include the XXXa Ave in the address or some poor sod two streets over is going to be besieged with cards!
              Last edited by Kiwi; 09-27-2009, 06:54 PM.
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• Quoth Kiwi View Post
                4th year in a row here I come!
                I admit that I was surprised not to see you on the list before now. Glad to see you're signing in though!

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                ETA the "a" in my address is very important! There are "a" and "b" streets with the same street name! Please be sure you include the XXXa Ave in the address or some poor sod two streets over is going to be besieged with cards!
                Well, hopefully, people will use the PDF as its meant to be used. Since it can be printed directly onto label sheets, that makes it pretty safe to use to address the envelope. Also makes sure that people (like me) who have chicken scratch for handwriting can't get the cards screwed up *too* badly.

At least, not for the addressing

Comment

• Reminder: Only 24 days remain to sign up for the 2009 Christmas Card List event!

So far, Ree, JuniorMintz, Setsunaela, Becks, FuzzyKitten99, AriGriffin, Monica, taxguykarl, Boggles, Pedersen, iradney, bookworm, ArcticChicken, McGoddess09, JoitheArtist, BookstoreEscapee, Aethian, I8DaCookie, Bandit, ParkingWitch, DGoddessChardonnay, worddork, AdminAssistant, Irving Patrick Freleigh, cinema guy, Camry178, SteverinoNY, BlaqueKatt, EricKei, DesignFox, calulu, Plaidman, MadMike, Part-Time Parrothead, 42_42_42, SubwayGirl, technical.angel, Bella_Vixen, protege, Horsetuna, morgana, Taboo, Sonoma, Sarlon, Melxb, MannersMakethMan, Kiwi has joined.
                  Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

• Man I'm glad that it got extended this year. I dont know if I'll be able to do it again!

Btw, if I have to change my address, can that be done after the opt-out date has passed? I may be moving (though if I think I may be i could put down my dad's address instead and have him keep them for me...)
                    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

• Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                      Man I'm glad that it got extended this year. I dont know if I'll be able to do it again!

Btw, if I have to change my address, can that be done after the opt-out date has passed? I may be moving (though if I think I may be i could put down my dad's address instead and have him keep them for me...)
                      I'm gonna say the answer to that is probably no. If there's a good chance you might move it's probably better to use your dad's, if that's not a problem. Can you file a change of address with the post office in Canada? Then the mail should be forwarded...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• You can either get a mail hold or a mail redirect in canada (for up to a year) which is what me and the BF have.
                        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• I will do that. When IS the cutoff date for addresses, or is it 'too late' already for changing it to Dad's?

If so then I'll do the forwarding to dad's and get it done ASAP just in case. I want this to be as smooth as possible.

Comment

I will do that. When IS the cutoff date for addresses, or is it 'too late' already for changing it to Dad's?

If so then I'll do the forwarding to dad's and get it done ASAP just in case. I want this to be as smooth as possible.
                            Get a change of address with Canada Post, and have the cards forwarded to you.
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• will do. I will have it forwarded to Dad's since I am not sure when I'm moving, and I dont want to miss one!

Comment

The card list tool has zero provision to change the address after the opt-out period has passed. Reason being that, as soon as that period is done, the email goes out giving everybody the PDF with all the addresses.

The goal here is to try to reduce the chaos. Allowing people to update their address after that has gone out means that people would have to be told "No, wait, don't use the one from Nov 1, that address is wrong, use the one from Nov 8 instead." Multiply that by the number of people who could (or would) change their address.

Then, don't forget the monetary factor. If your card has already been sent, but is still in transit, then the sender would have to send you a new card.

Contrast all that with going to the local post office and telling them to forward your mail to a new address. The mess above is much messier for everybody else, versus a single task for you when you move.

That's why tool doesn't allow it.

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                                I will do that. When IS the cutoff date for addresses, or is it 'too late' already for changing it to Dad's?
                                The cut-off date is the closing date for signups, not the closing date of the opt-out period. The opt-out is meant to be a final check off for everybody: At this point, the list is done. Is there anybody on the list you simply cannot bear the idea of sending a card to? Really don't to get your address? Don't want to receive a card from? Finances tighter than you thought? Just plain got bored of the idea and want out?

That's what the opt-out is for, in a nutshell. A repercussion free "get out of the card exchange" list. No more.

Hope that all made sense. And I hope I wasn't too brusque about it. Kinda tired tonight, and probably shouldn't have replied. I apologize if I was rude.

Comment

Working...
                                X