Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut and paste works just fine. You might need to use the text select tool in your version of Acrobat Reader, since by default it tends to use the pointer tool for some reason, but it does work.

As for which blank address labels, the Avery 8160 (which the PDF is formatted to fit) is a pretty decent choice, I think

Comment

• Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      Yes, but won't you have to retype them? I couldn't figure out a way to modify or cut and paste the text in the list.

Or were you referring to return addresses?
      return addresses. i have a few leftovers from last year, but not enough.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Was it me or did anyone else have problems printing off the labels? I had to completely redo the labels so they would fit on my labels.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• I didn't have an issue, but that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I found that, on my system (running Linux, so your print dialogs may vary), I needed to turn off all scaling, and turn off auto-center/rotation. Once I did that, it worked fine. And yes, that was the print dialog in Adobe Acrobat.

But, that's me.

Comment

• Wait, was the list supposed to be emailed automatically? If so, I didn't get it. Sorry been away from the boards awhile.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

• Okay, I figured it out. Yeah, I just wanted to be able to format the list, take all the USA's off the addresses, seperate international from stateside, change the font, etc.

I am NOT complaining, and I know you were making an effort to make things easier, Pedersen. I'm just...picky.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

• Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                Wait, was the list supposed to be emailed automatically? If so, I didn't get it. Sorry been away from the boards awhile.
                Joi- it went out automatically. Check your spam filters, trash can, etc, it should be there if not in your regular box.
                "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Wait, was the list supposed to be emailed automatically? If so, I didn't get it. Sorry been away from the boards awhile.
                  You were away?

I didn't notice.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Just went through the whole thread specifically to answer this question. Even though JM beat me to the punch, I'm still posting the answer by quoting everywhere it got mentioned:

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                    The list is automatically sent out at the end of the opt-out period.
                    Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                    I extended the deadlines for both signing up and opting out. I thought about it, and I'm used to cutting off in mid October so that I'd have to compile the list by hand, but now that I don't have to do that there's no reason *not* to push it back.
                    Quoth Pedersen View Post
                    Reason being that, as soon as that period is done, the email goes out giving everybody the PDF with all the addresses.
                    Quoth Pedersen View Post
                    After that has passed, an email goes out to the same address that was used when you got your activation code for the signups. It will contain a PDF of the addresses, formatted to fit on Avery 8160 address labels.
                    Quoth PepSquad View Post
                    The email containing the PDF of all addresses of the participants has been sent to the participants.
                    Quoth Pedersen View Post
                    Okay, we had a minor address glitch that prevented the email being sent on time. I looked into it, found the error, and did a small work around. I've also verified that I got the address list, so please check your inboxes. You should have it.
                    *whew* Quite a few quotes there. Anyway, yes, it was automatic (well, almost. We had a small glitch that I manually corrected within a few hours of when it was supposed to go out).

And yes, it did go out. I got it, as did (apparently) everybody else. It's possible it went to a different address than you were expecting, though, so use these instructions to see where it went to:

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                    However, you can find the email address it went to, right here on the site.

See the menu bar across the top? Click "User CP", then you will see a menu running down the left side of your screen. In the first section (named "Your Profile"), you will see a link named "Edit Your Details". Click that.

You will now have a section in the middle of your screen named "Registration Required Information - All fields are required.", and that will have a button labeled "Edit Email & Password". Click that.

At the bottom of the form that appears, you will see the email address that the site will use to send your emails. That's where the PDF went to.
                    If you still can't find it after that, let us know, and we'll find something to do to fix things.

Comment

• Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                      I am NOT complaining, and I know you were making an effort to make things easier, Pedersen. I'm just...picky.
                      That's okay. I take no offense at it. I made it easier for those that wish to use it. And for those who have other desires, I think it might still be slightly easier due to the organization of the PDF being in that sort of a table. I'll hope so, anyway.

As I've said elsewhere, my chicken scratch means that I'm using the labels myself, just so that Aethian's co-workers don't decide to hunt me down and make sure my body is never found

Comment

• HA! I found it. Sorry for the confusion, I'll start getting cards out!

Guess I should go buy some...

Quoth Ree View Post
                        You were away?

I didn't notice.
                        Heh. During November, my life is ruled by Nanowrimo. All of my other online commitments go kaput. I always end up writing an insane amount over the 50K goal.
                        Last edited by Ree; 11-11-2009, 05:52 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
                        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

• Went looking for Avery lebels yesterday - all the stationery shops in town only had their own brand.

And a search on internet and I can't find anything close to that size and configuration available from Avery or anyone else in the UK. If anyone can point me to where I can get some, I'd be grateful. Otherwise, it is cutting and pasting for me.
                          Last edited by cinema guy; 11-11-2009, 10:50 AM.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

• Quoth cinema guy View Post
                            Went looking for Avery lebels yesterday - all the stationery shops in town only had their own brand.
                            Store brands often list their equivalents, though not always. Sort of a "compatible with" list. Did you check that? If so, I got nuthin'
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

• Yes. There does not seem to be anyone who does that size/number of labels.

I could order them from Amazon US, but postage would be $33.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

• Found Avery 8160 Labels

You can order them here if you can't find them locally:

http://www.buyonlinenow.com/viewProd...8160&tk=622588

$9.71/pack for 750 labels . . . not bad.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X