This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Oma and Opa are in town!

And while I'm always very happy to see them. They always depress the hell out of me about will talks. Yeesh, I don't want to think about them dead, and they always try and cheer me up with "what I will get". Never works. The last time I saw them was around this time last year. I used to spend my entire summers out in Coeur d'Alene, ID. They have have river front property with about 150ft of shoreline (I guess you can call it that). Always had a blast.

Anyway, I've had the week off so I can spend time with them. Plus, instead of being at work at 7am, I can be in bed.

Today was no different, I crawled out of bed at about 9-9:30am and head upstairs. They did something funky with the tv, after being bewildered for 15 minutes, I decided to eat breakfast and then look at it.

Who knew there was a secret menu to the HD box that can only be accessed when the cable box is power off?

Going to hammer away at some homework while they take their after lunch nap.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Glad to hear someone else on this board has an Oma and Opa. What country are they from? My Opa passed in 1980 and my Oma lives with my aunt near Worms on the Rhine. Oma is 95.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Well, my Opa was born right here in the U.S. My Oma was actually born in Germany in a small town outside of Berlin. She was actually Hitler youth back in her day and lived there during WW2. Since my Oma is the boss, my grandpa gets called Opa.
      When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
        Glad to hear someone else on this board has an Oma and Opa. What country are they from? My Opa passed in 1980 and my Oma lives with my aunt near Worms on the Rhine. Oma is 95.
        Me too! But my Opa and Oma from my mother's side live overseas and aren't in too great of health. My Oma from my dad's side also lives overseas and my Opa from dad's side is deceased.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
        X