This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't lock me out of my own bathroom!

As you know, my Oma and Opa are in town and they seem to think that my bathroom is the guest bathroom. I know they must believe this because it's not the most accessible bathroom in the house. It's right off my bedroom.

More than a few times have I gone bounding to my bathroom just not to be able to use it. No big deal

Actually the main part of my aggravation is I'm a neat freak and a clean freak. That means, any towels on towel racks my be completely folded in half, even on both sides and parallel. Sicks and showers are wiped down after use. Floor mats are again, parallel to the walls and/or vanity. Toilet paper is not dangling 2-3 squares off. Toilet lid is down.

I keep having to straighten out my own bathroom.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

I would like to extend a formal invitation for you to come visit me for a bit.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

is there another bathroom where you are? if so tell them that that bathroom is for your use only. If they question, just point out the mess they make and that it is off your bedroom.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I would like to extend a formal invitation for you to come visit me for a bit.
        About two hours per day, every day?

Rapscallion

Comment

This would be why I'm so glad my boyfriend finished the guest house at his parents' house and moved in there.

I love the guy to death but my god....your dirty boxers and towels go in the hamper!
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

DUDE- FashionLad, I think you and I are bathroom soulmates!

I cannot stand a mucky bathroom. In fact, the fastest way to tell if I'm stressed or not feeling well is usually not to take a look at me, but to peek into the bathroom and see what kind of state it's in!

I *insist* that all flushes be done with the lid down, to prevent germs from flying all over. I also made sure to find a toothbrush holder that would fit inside the medicine cabinet to keep said cooties from getting on my brush incase someone forgets about the lid thing.

I spray the shower down with cleaner every day, and bleach the floor in it monthly.

I am convinced I am the only person who ever bothers to restock the toilet paper.

Floors are swept and mopped weekly. Toilet and mirror, twice a week, sink daily (again, germs, plus I wear mineral makeup which gets all over the place sometimes). I'm pretty cheesed off right now, because I bought all new bathroom decor, and it's all lovely but the soap dispenser leaks *everywhere*. It literally burps soap onto the counter and all over itself daily.

And finally, I'll see your "perfectly folded towels" thing and raise you with a "I even scrub the top of the garbage can weekly!". How's that for nuts?
            "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
              DUDE- FashionLad, I think you and I are bathroom soulmates!

And finally, I'll see your "perfectly folded towels" thing and raise you with a "I even scrub the top of the garbage can weekly!". How's that for nuts?
              Yay! More soulmates!!!

I scrub down my walls twice a month and I do scrub the top of the garbage can once a month. A slightly dirty bathroom to me might as well be a complete disaster. This is why I have my own bathroom, no one can stand how obsessive I am about the cleanliness of the bathroom.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                About two hours per day, every day?

Rapscallion
                However long it takes for him to get fed up and start cleaning

JAM can come, too
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                  I *insist* that all flushes be done with the lid down, to prevent germs from flying all over.
                  You know that doesn't actually work, right? Unless you have some kind of hermetically sealed lid, the spray is atomized sufficiently to escape and diffuse through the room. The case that fits in to the cabinet is about the best you can hope to do.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    You know that doesn't actually work, right? Unless you have some kind of hermetically sealed lid, the spray is atomized sufficiently to escape and diffuse through the room. The case that fits in to the cabinet is about the best you can hope to do.
                    Broom don't make JM freak...

And JM, this link is for you.

As for the neat freaks out there...I'm moving, anyone want to help me do the moving clean so I can get my deposit back?

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      But instead of it being like ol' faithful, it's more concentrated down. My toothbrush is in my medicine cabinet anyway...

Comment

I've been flushing with the lid up for 34 years and I'm still alive.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

FL, if i were in that position, i would make it Quite Clear that that is MY bathroom and off limits to visitors, and that the GUEST bathroom is [insert location of guest bathroom here], and that they are more than welcome to use the GUEST bathroom as much as they please.

Oh, and....
                          Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          I've been flushing with the lid up for 34 years and I'm still alive.
                          Lid? What is this 'lid' of which you speak?

Comment

Working...
                          X