This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate assistance needed! Karate question

I have a question, and my Google-fu is failing me. I hope there's someone here who may know the answer.

I promised my husband I'd sew the crest of his new karate club onto his gi (uniform) before he got back from his trip. He gets back tonight, and I've just sat down to start....and I realize that I don't know what side of the jacket thing I'm putting this on.

Does the club crest go on the left or right? Does it even matter? I have a vague memory of him saying something about it, but I don't remember what. He may have even said it doesn't matter.

I want to be sure before I start stitching. Proper protocol is very important in karate, from what I understand.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Well, the problem with this question is his dojo may have different rules for his crest. I'd say, call the dojo.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

My karate gi had the crest on the left of the uniform.

But yes, protocol is important in karate
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

8 years - second degree black belt... AND! I don't really have an answer for you

Mine was on the left for my last dojo; however, I've been to tournaments where they've been on the right. You should call.
        When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

FWIW, ours is on the left.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Turns out it is to go on the left. Which is good, since that's where I decided to put it.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
            X