This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursing a banzai tree back to health

While I was moving equipment out of our decommissioned floors I found a poor little bonsai tree that had been abandoned.

The "leaves" (like small pine needles) are all brown and dry - the tree has been neglected for a long time.

Is there anything I can do (other than keeping it watered) to help it back to life?
    Last edited by draggar; 09-15-2009, 01:06 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Er, bonsai?

Rapscallion

Comment

Yeah, that. I had it spelled that way but the spell checker keps saying it was wrong. :S
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Try submersing the pot into a basin of warm water and leaving it for a few hours. Then drain. After that mist the tree every day, trim it back some and water once a week. Time will tell if you were successful.
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

How deep should the basin be? I have a plastic cover under it that has water in it - enough to get into the roots for the tree.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

you need to fully submerge the pot but only as deep as the pot or an inch above.

Comment

I had a bonsai tree once. It was my pride and joy (seriously). My cat managed to knock it over. And to add more fun, she destroyed it completely. I was upset and my friend Michelle drove me all around town to find another one. However, I never did and I assumed that it was just for the best.
              When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

I have bonsai trees I've grown from seed and pinched and prodded and trimmed. It can be an arduous process.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  How deep should the basin be? I have a plastic cover under it that has water in it - enough to get into the roots for the tree.
                  i know when in a permanent pot the basin should be rather shallow about 2 to 3 inches deep but before that they should be cared for (trimed, water nursed back to health) in a deeper pot so... i would move it to a standard pot then transplant it back when its healthy

Comment

Working...
                  X