This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My house is not your carpark!

Quick background: my house is close by to a private school. Not an elite one, this is fairly basic. Usually, my street tends to become a carpark when they finish, but only for a few minutes.

Lately though, two teenage girls have taken to parking their car out by my house and then leaving it there. In all honesty, it's pissing me off a little for the following reasons:

1) There are free carparks at the shopping centre nearby, that let you park all day. (and a lot of the schoolkids tend to park their cars there too) There's usually a fair few spaces around all day. (Most shoppers tend to park around the front unless they can't find a park. The back carpark I've noticed tends to extend to the college kids, people who work in the mall and community centre, and customers who need the ramp access around the back.)
    2) There's more a risk of the car getting vandalised, stolen or both on my street, than there is at the shopping centre carpark. (SCC has security, my street doesn't.)

I'm aware this is probably me just being petty, but if the car gets stolen, then I'll possibly be the one getting chewed out since they keep leaving it in front of my house. (and expecting the neighbours to be good samaritans)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Well then, if your not home to witness the theft then your not home. Of course you could have two jobs and just notice the car out there day after day and call the cops to tell them about an abandoned car outside of your home and would they tag it please?

Comment

It's actually on your property? Can't you have it towed off?

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        It's actually on your property? Can't you have it towed off?
        Some areas don't let you have control over the street space in front of your house, it's considered public property. That may be the case here. If not, I agree! Tow the hosers!
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Some areas don't let you have control over the street space in front of your house, it's considered public property. That may be the case here. If not, I agree! Tow the hosers!
          What he said. In my neck of the woods, parking on city streets is allowed except where there are signs prohibiting it, or placing limits on it.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If it's just on the street and not blocking you in or out, there's not much reason to get upset. If they are parking on public property, nobody's going to blame you for anything happening to their car. You're not a cop and the street is not your responsibilty.

If it IS in your yard, have it towed. They can't just park on your property and leave it there.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Same with where I live--the street is considered "not yours." Unless the car is blocking traffic or someone's driveway, there's not much the cops can/will do about it. However, if it's left there overnight, you can bet it will have a ticket on it come morning--you're not allowed to park in the street at night.

But, what *really* pisses me off, are the people who attend various 'events' at the elementary school around the corner. Those idiots park on *both* sides of the street, and usually don't care if they box someone in. Once home, I literally can't get back out of the driveway...until those idiots leave. There's simply not enough room to back out safely--with all those cars, you can't see around them, and it's dangerous!

Of course we get people who purposely park across driveways, and then complain when their car gets messed with. Sorry, but if you do that, you take the risk. At least most of my neighbors are polite enough, that if you box them in...they'll simply back their car down the driveway...almost touching the driver's door. That way, the offender's car can still be moved, but they have to work to enter it
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
              X