Becks Seal of Approval™.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
      YAY for new hair. I want to do that myself. You mentioned Henna, may I ask where you got it? Did you get it locally or online?
      I get mine from Whole Foods.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        I get mine from Whole Foods.
        I don't know where one of those is. Right now I live out in the boonies and have a safeway and the local version of Kroger and that's it. But I can check them out too. Is what you get hair henna or body art henna?

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
          Is what you get hair henna or body art henna?
          Hair. You probably won't find it in either of those stores, unless they have a special whole foods type section. If there's a co-op nearby they probably have some.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

they don't but thanks for the idea.

Comment

Just a word of warning - henna is pretty darn permanent. Depending on your hair type, if you use henna, you may have red tones in your hair for years to come, even from just one application of it. Make sure you're okay with that before using it. Also, follow directions pretty strictly. That stuff stains nearly anything it touches, and can overwhelm your natural colours in the blink of an eye.

Also, body art henna and hair henna can be the same thing, if you just get the loose henna powder. The difference is solely in the preparation. Read up on it and, for the love of jeebus, test it on yourself before going whole hog. It can be pretty powerful stuff. My sister had dreads five years ago, henna'd them once, and still has the red in her hair to this day.

It can be a gorgeous, gorgeous hair product, but it is also very strong! I hope it turns out beautifully for you.

Comment

I've got to stop Jacking this thread

I wouldn't mind at all having permenant red in my hair. I hate my natural color with a passion, and ahve been coloring it red for years. Just want to go to something natural and since I love henna body art too, I figured why not. I can do both at the same time with the same stuff.

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                  I've got to stop Jacking this thread

I wouldn't mind at all having permenant red in my hair. I hate my natural color with a passion, and ahve been coloring it red for years. Just want to go to something natural and since I love henna body art too, I figured why not. I can do both at the same time with the same stuff.
                  Yeah, I still have red high lights beneath the blue black. It is trippy under the sun.. I have like this purplish hue.
                  "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I'm still too chicken to do a permanent red (natural blonde), but if I ever get up the courage, I'll have to try henna!
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
                      Just a word of warning - henna is pretty darn permanent. Depending on your hair type, if you use henna, you may have red tones in your hair for years to come, even from just one application of it.

I should look into this.
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                        Yeah, I still have red high lights beneath the blue black. It is trippy under the sun.. I have like this purplish hue.
                        I bet that's just gorgeous. I'd love to be able to do my hair purple just once. But the industry I work in, I could never get away with it even here in coffeelandia

Comment

Working...
                        X