X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Loves '80's TV shows??

*raises hand* I do!

Thanks to YouTube, I rekindled my love of "The Golden Girls". It was one of my favorite TV shows growing up. It's amazing how well it's held up over the last 20 years. The four leading ladies (Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty) were brilliant in their roles, and played off each other perfectly. And a show about four women over the age of 50 living in Miami is truly unique; I have yet to see another show like it.

Which Golden Girl are you? Here's a quiz:

http://www.brainfall.com/quizzes/whi...-girl-are-you/

Apparently, I'm Stan which frankly is weird. I always thought I was more like Dorothy

Other '80's shows I loved (and still do):

Night Court
    Cheers
    Family Ties
    A Team
    Magnum P.I.
    Knight Rider

How about you?

I remember all those shows...I loved A Team. There's some station here that still plays episodes. It's so cheesy to watch now, but when I was younger it was my favorite show. I wanted to marry Murdock!! lol
    TANSTAAFL

Comment

Oh, yeah, the oly reason I would miss cable is Golden Girls on Lifetime. Night Court was hilarious. One of our local stations played Cheers every night a few years ago; miss that. It's probably my favorite.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I always used to say it would be a cold day in hell when Married...With Children appeared on Nick at Nite.

And here it is on TV Land, sometimes in day-long marathons. Plus other cable channels too.

Irv is much happy. I'll have to snag one of the box sets if I ever see it at Target again.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

*squee* NIGHT COURT! I LOVED NIGHT COURT! Strangely enough, being a comedy, it kicked off my fascination with courtroom and crime shows of every flavour. Also MacGyver. Those two shows had a large impact on me, growing up.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I watch Murder she wrote every day at 4pm pacific!

I also watch the Waltons at 2pm....

God I wish I had a job!
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yep, Night Court was awesome.

On the other hand.... my better half bought the first season of CHiPs on DVD. As hard as I try to pretend that I am 12 again and just enjoy the show....

Well In the very first episode: Ponch tried to pull an injured woman out of her rolled over car (neck injury? back injury? what's that?) got his bike stuck in about a quarter inch of liquid glue (the glue stuck the bike tire to the road, but when it let go Ponch got liquid glue all over himself ?!?) and then runs a woman off of the road. Okay, running the woman off the road was pretty funny. Maybe I will keep watching!
              There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
              X