Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to point out that I said that a doctor can prescribe antidepressants if necessary, not that I thought he should take antidepressants. I suffer from clinical depression, so I know from personal experience that sometimes that is the best option. However, I agree totally with everyone else, let a doctor decide what treatment is best. The good thing is when caught early, depression can be successfully treated to avoid becoming a chronic condition---mine was caught too late. Over time, the brain can become "addicted" to depression and a permanent imbalance can occur. (This is just FYI--I very much doubt it has come anywhere close to that stage.) Personally, I think the video games are a convenient "target" for his depression--when you are depressed, you tend to try to find something to pin the blame for the depression on.

Comment

While a trip to the doctor can't hurt it might just be that he figures if he's miserable- you might as well be to. If his teachers aren't seeing what you're seeing then I'd guess this is what it is. If they are, then perhaps counsiling and some other types of activities are in order to get him out of his funk.

As was pointed out before- kids say a lot of things they don't necessarily mean or even perhaps have a full understanding of. My oldest told me once that he hated me- I shrugged and told him, "you'll get over it". He never tried that one on me again- obviously, he didn't get the intended response.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
      X