This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are GONE! YEY! Kinda longish

Draggar's thread http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=54465 reminded me.

There are 6 apartments in our building. It is old and there are few. We live above two businesses. A motorcycle parts shop, and a really awesome organic community kitchen. Both owned by our apartment manager. ((so the apartments are on the second floor. And the only way to get to them is to have a key to the downstairs door, or to be let in. There is a back door which is mostly left open during the day since no one has a key for it, so we can all go down to the patio and enjoy the sun.

But over the last few months the Beau and I, as well as K ((apartment manager)) and our awesome handy man, have been noticing WAY to many people coming in and out of the apartment located at the VERY end of the hall. The tenants in 3 were leaving the back door open ALL night so their druggie friends could come up. This was scaring me because my apartment is seriously RIGHT there when you walk in the door, and the door that connects our kitchen to the hall way is currently being held shut by duct tape, until handy Man can fix it. So I made it my personal mission to close it every night.

..This made them angry.
    I dont want to make this too long so I shall list the activities which they were partaking in.
    -Dealing, buying, and using drugs.((Meth, pot, cocaine, etc))
    -Using the apartment as their Drug headquarters. ((they would deal from the apartment, so everyone they bought and sold from had to come though the whole building to get there)
    -Using the Apartment for Hookers. They would bring hookers up every night from down on the street ((it is a problem in our neighborhood that the community is trying to get rid of)) for their own use, or sometimes they would let strangers come in to use their house for their hooker business.

So the whole building kind of ganged up on them... I made sure the door stayed closed at night. Handy Man stuck a broken web cam though the vent window above his door ((it didn't work but they didnt know that)) and K made lots of visits to their place. No one would hold the doors open for them or their friends anymore... if you didn't have a key you couldn't come in basically. K's girl called the cops and alerted them to what was going on, so police presence in our neighborhood tripled, scaring away most of their business. ((plus they were being watched almost exclusively))

So after two months of this they have finally moved out as of 2 days ago! YEY! and everyone is very happy.

I know my neighbor hood isn't the best, but I love the people and it is really nice to be here. But We moved here because we could afford it, and because it was a secure building, so I'm glad to see that everyone won't put up with someone bringing that trash into our home. ^_^
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Congratulations!
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Yay!

Why not just evict them? Sounds like the landlord had more than enough grounds...

Then again, I suppose it's cheaper to just drive them out...and more fun
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Congratulations on getting rid of those assholes. I hope the new tenants are OK.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Why not just evict them? Sounds like the landlord had more than enough grounds...

Then again, I suppose it's cheaper to just drive them out...and more fun
        To answer your query, it could be that they are Section 8 or a protected class. There is a running joke among landlords that Section 8's are easier to indict than evict.
        Last edited by taxguykarl; 10-01-2009, 08:20 PM.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

K is a really nice guy for a landlord. and all about giving people second chances. I think he gave them the "I'm not gonna kick you out, but either shape up or get out" speech ((much nicer of course))
          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
          -Red

Comment

Great job! I hope we have similar success.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              Great job! I hope we have similar success.
              Me and the Beau are rooting for you! ^_^ Good luck!
              -Red

Comment

Working...
              X