X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever made homemade naan?

Recipe here:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Naan/Detail.aspx

It's basically an Indian flatbread. My husband and I go to an Indian buffet where they cook fresh naan for you as soon as you sit down at the table, and it's absolutely delicious. I decided to try making my own. It's on the second raising right now, although I don't have a grill so I'm going to try pan-frying mine. This recipe made a LOT of dough and I didn't want to half it since I didn't know what I'd do with half a packet of yeast. So I only rolled about half the dough into balls and I'm going to try freezing the rest. We host D&D on Sundays, so I'll pull it out then and see if it's still good and our D&D group can have the rest if it is.

My dyslexia caused me to read that title as ''homemade MAN"...LMAO...I was thinking..wow...how do i do that?

Id love to try some. Its flat bread huh? Shove some in an envelope for me? lol

I wish there was an indian buffet around here. The closest I get is the asian aisle in the grocery store.

Ill have to try this..it sounds good.

Comment

I could easily live off naan
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I've definitely done this before, and had to pan-fry, same as you.

It came out HEAVENLY. I ate it with hummus and roasted red pepper dip. ... Now I might have to make some more.

YUM!

Comment

Well, we had our naan for dinner tonight and it came out great! It was a little bit softer and chewier than the stuff we get at our local Indian buffet (which is usually a bit dry and crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside). I think this is partly because I used a bit too much oil when I oiled the bowl that I let the dough rise in. It still tasted great, though. And I have a lot of dough left over -- 5 pieces in the fridge that are ready to cook whenever, and half the recipe in the freezer. I hope it chills/freezes well, because I could easily make this about once a week and just fry some up with dinner every few days. It's very quick and easy to make once the dough is actually made (which isn't that hard to do, either, just a bit time consuming since the dough has to rise.)

Comment

Working...
          X