• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to whine

Let's take a look at my life right now:

*I'm working at a new school
    *I'm teaching a new grade
    *I didn't start until after school began
    *I refuse to argue with students during class, I make it very clear that I'll discuss certain things after class but it is worthless to start an arguement with me right then and there--but they try anyway. All. The damn. Time.
    *Most of my students seem to like me, but the few that don't have no idea how to just hate me quietly
    *Seriously, sit there and try to hurt me with mind bullets (that's telekinesis, Kyle), just freaking do it quietly so the rest of the class can learn
    *Every day is an emotional yo-yo and it's getting really stressful
    *I'm moving November 1st...which is a Sunday
    *Suddenly my landlord needs his place back that day even though I told him the apartment I found isn't available until November 1st
    *My cat is being an asshole when I need him to be a cuddle whore
    *I gained way too much weight this summer when I was in a "holy shit no one is going to hire me and my life is over" rut and now that I'm having trouble getting rid of it I'm in a "holy shit I feel gross and my boyfriend is going to stop loving me" (not that he would....but apparently my ex did. He claimed he was worried about my health when I gained some weight but instead of suggesting I join his workout routine or, you know, fucking talk to me about it he just didn't touch me for like two months.)

I feel like my hands are full of eggs and I'm having trouble holding them--I haven't dropped and ruined anything yet, but it seems like once one thing is set and secure another thing starts to slip just enough for me to panic slightly.
    I know it's really not that much in the grand scheme of things but right now I feel like if I don't whine a little bit I'll explode....and that would just be icky.

You're allowed to feel sorry for yourself from time to time. What matters is how you get through the obstacles in your life. You'll be fine.

Comment

As a fellow New Teacher, I understand!!!! Today was a day that made me want to quit, if it hadn't been for the hugs from the sweet kiddos, and the fact that it's Friday! ;-)
      ANNIE

Every day I work with you is two days of therapy!!!!!

Comment

Ha, the funny thing is I'm not a comepletely new teacher--I've got three years under my belt! I know how to work a classroom, I know how to trick students into learning (this is where my goofy drama personality comes into play--when it's fun it doesn't seem like work), hell I had a freaking fan club at my last school! But these kids just....bad thoughts...can't set fire to teenagers!

Comment

It doesn't matter when the landlord needs the place, you paid rent so if he needs the apartment before the end of the month you paid for, your response should be: Not my problem.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
          X