X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spa!!!

*sigh*

Today was the final performance of the show I've been working on (assistant director/dramaturg). After strike, the director had all of us over at his house for a lovely dinner - stew, corn muffins, and salad. And this beautiful tiramisu cake with big blue roses on the sides and a gumpaste unicorn on top. (Can you guess which show it was?) It was actually from a grocery store, and really really nice.

Anyway, after dinner and cake we're all sitting around talking about the show, and the actress who played Amanda said, "Okay, now we've got some presentations". I knew they had a gift for the director, because I'd signed it. However, first she gave a gift card to the Stage Manager - who was absolutely kickass. Then she handed me an envelope - $30 gift certificate for a local spa! Which is an absolutely perfect gift, because that's something I'd never do for myself.

Now I'm debating over what to do...mani, pedi...they have hour long massages for $60, so I'm really thinking about doing that. Or maybe a reflexology treatment. Oooh, the choices the choices!!!
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

That's awesome. Personally, I hate prefessional massages because the bastards always hurt and/or tickle the shit out of me. They talk too much too, so I find it more nerve-wracking then relaxing. I'd go with the mani or some other treatment. Do they have a mudbath? Take a mud bath!!! Just no chemical peels, you'll be neon red for a week.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
      the bastards always hurt and/or tickle the shit out of me. They talk too much too, so I find it more nerve-wracking then relaxing.
      This made me giggle b/c it is SOOOO TRUE!!! Id recommend a facial (sans chemical peel) or a mani/pedi type thingy, maybe a cut and style. A local hotel here: http://www.thehotelhershey.com/spa/index.php HAS A CHOCOLATE SPA!!!! I think Id try eating myself after one of those treatments..but...well...

Better link: http://www.chocolatespa.com/spa_trea..._chocolate.php
      Last edited by Amina516; 11-23-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        maybe a cut and style.
        I thought about that, because I do need a haircut, but I want to do something completely frivolous. I thought about a mani/pedi, too, but to me, a pedi doesn't do much good in winter! And I never paint my nails, so....

http://www.sdimarco.com/

That's the website of the spa, if you're interested! I have been there before, for a haircut, and it's really nice.

Comment

IMO it shouldn't be spent on things you normally need to get (haircuts, manicures, etc..). Get something nice and treat yourself.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
            (Can you guess which show it was?)
            What is "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams?

What do I win?

As for the spa, I have no suggestions. Never been to one. But great score for you!
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

if you've never had one I'd HIGHLY recomend either the Hot Stone Therapy or the Lomi Lomi Massage....if you get the right kinda person you won't WANT to move because of just being so relaxed.
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Well, I cashed in my gift certificate yesterday and had a 30 minute foot reflexology treatment! It was soooo nice, if a little awkward. I mean, laying on a bed, in a warm, dark room, while a somewhat hunky guy massages my feet? errrr, yeeeaaaahhhhh.

But, he was an awesome masseuse, not overly chatty, and I nearly fell asleep. I think next time I go, I'll splurge for the hot stone massage.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  A local hotel here: http://www.thehotelhershey.com/spa/index.php HAS A CHOCOLATE SPA!!!!
                  I always wanted to do that...
                  I went to school out that way and when the wind was right..yum! (Though it was actually from the M&M Mars plant in Elizabethtown, not Hershey.)

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  Well, I cashed in my gift certificate yesterday and had a 30 minute foot reflexology treatment! It was soooo nice, if a little awkward. I mean, laying on a bed, in a warm, dark room, while a somewhat hunky guy massages my feet? errrr, yeeeaaaahhhhh.
                  I've done something like that twice. The place my parents go to does gift certificates for specific services, and my mom got me the reflexology foot massage a couple times when I still worked in the store (since I was on my feet all day). It was sooo nice. Only ever had a female masseuse, though.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                  X