This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is petty...

I realize this is petty, but I'm still annoyed. I'm due for a new cell phone, so last weekend my dad was showing me phones online that were compatible with my plan. Hadn't decided on anything, though. Today he sends me an email with a link, and says "Here is your new phone." It's an LG enV3, in maroon. Which is fine. The phone looks cool (was at the mall tonight so I stopped at the Verizon kiosk to look at it). Has good reviews on the website (4 1/2 stars). After I got the email I was telling my coworker about it, so he pulled it up on the website, and the one he pulled up was slate blue. Which I like better. So I'm kind of annoyed that my dad didn't even bother to ask which color I would prefer.

I know it's petty, and I'll get over it, but I'm annoyed. So I needed to vent.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

It is petty, but I see your point. I might be annoyed too. Dad's and bf/hubby's have the same problem where they can be too practical minded. They don't always realize that something as simple as the color of an object can matter to a female. My daddy solves this problem by giving me cash for any holiday that gifts are expected. It makes me happy and he has the benefit of not hearing me complain, cuz I can get whatever I want.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

He said he had to "work on the fly"...not really sure what that means. Pretty sure he ordered it online so he could have sent me the link first so I could at least see it. Even if he was in the store he could have taken 2 minutes and called me.

I'm pouty now.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

*hugs and chocolate* Daddy was trying to take care of his little girl, daddy's are good at fudging up good intentions. Maybe you could call the company and see if it can be exchanged for the blue one? I bet they might be able to do that for ya.
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
        X