This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest Places You Have Slept....

....or passed out. You know....whatever.

This came up in another thread, and I thought I'd run with it.

I have slept up in a number of strange places, not all of them by design:

--a Papa-san chair (very uncomfortable!!)
    --the deck of a boat, naked. It was not my boat, though I did know the people who owned it....don't ask.
    --a warehouse. No clue.
    --the front seat of my truck, half hanging out the open door. Not my proudest moment.
    --the couch of a house I did not recognize or remember going to...and while the people there knew me in the morning, I hadn't the foggiest clue who they were.
    --my neighbor's living room floor. We never figured that one out.
    --a sorority house. I am a guy. And no, I was not dating any sorority chicks.
    --the lawn.
    --the sidewalk.
    --at the bar. (Happens way too often....I am notorious for this.)
    --at the pool. Luckily, not IN the pool.
    --the hood of my car.
    --the beach in Mexico....but NOT where we camped. Actually, about ten miles north of town. Came to walking the wrong way, away from town. How I got there remains a mystery.
    --in the same bed as a good friend the night before his wedding. Luckily, we are both very secure in our heterosexuality.
    --an easy chair in the living room, wrapped in blankets and jackets, when my idiot roommates' lack of paying bills got our electricity turned off on one of the coldest days of the year in Phoenix.
    --the bathroom, next to the toilet. Not one of my prouder moments.

Yes, many (but not all) of the above were due to overconsumption of spiritous beverages.

Okay....NEXT!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Sadly not as many as you Jester.

--Rooftop of a Greek Apartment
    --On a person on a Plane
    --In a bath with a random chick that I barely knew.
    -- Up a Tree
    -- On a Tree
    -- In a collapsed tent with 4 random chicks.
    --Like you, in the bathroom.
    -- ON a park bench with two big blokes either side and yet another, somewhat random 17 year old chick lying on all 3 of us.
    --On my feet, still walking home (No idea how that managed to happen)

Thats pretty much all I recall, funnily enough only the first and last of those were caused by drink
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Some of the same places like beaches and bathrooms but the only one that really sticks out as strange is the time I was in a band, got fallen down drunk and decided to take a nap behind a stack of Marshalls while the rest of the band played on.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

A graveyard. Right after having, um, jollies.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Although I've had "jollies" in a few interesting places (back of a car in a mall parking lot on a Friday night being the most interesting), I've never actually slept in any strange place.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

You mean... you actually stay awake and TALK after jollies? O__O
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Slept as in actual SLEEPING : Bent over a picnic table outside, with my head over the edge as I was vomiting from time to time. At least someone was nice enough to cover my ass with a blanket. Best halloween ever.

Comment

Well, that particular incident was when I was in high school. But I have a thing where I have to sleep in a bed, preferably my bed. BT's was the worst, we drank a lot, so I usually had to stay over, and between his smoking and the cat I always woke up with awful sinus congestion.

Um...sex tends to make me energetic. So, falling asleep right after just seems...weird.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Hmm...

--In the back of a Blazer going to Valley Fair
                  --In my roomie's bed. (No, she was not home. It was when I was starting to get serious feelings for a friend who is now my girlfriend and this other girl climbed into my bed and started getting too close.)
                  --On a couch, with my head where on to of the backrest, my chest pressed against the backrest and my knees where you sit.
                  --At work, in the breakroom during the holiday season, when we had a lot of employees working.

I typically end up in bed. (Mine)
                  When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    ....or passed out. You know....whatever.

<. . .>

--the front seat of my truck, half hanging out the open door. Not my proudest moment.
                    I've done the front seat before, but on purpose. I was driving a full-sized van empty from NV to CO to pick up a bunch of stuff (filled it up) back to where I lived at the time. Pulled into a gas station in a small town. Station was closed, and not enough gas to go to the next stop, so I leaned the seat back and snoozed.

I woke up some time later, realizing in my sleepy state that I was sitting in the drivers seat, and sat bolt upright, gripping the steering wheel looking around like a maniac trying to figure out where I was, all the while thinking I had fallen asleep driving.

Anyway, other than that, I don't have much to offer, other than work (during work). I've learned to never lay my head down on my desk if I'm tired. I really sleep then, and not just doze. If I'm sitting up in a chair, I doze and can hear things, like people entering the building...

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Am I odd for never having woken up someplace strange not knowing how I got there?

I've passed out a time or two (or six) but I can't blame anything fun for it.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Mine are not due to drink, but to illness:

* in a nightclub.
                        * in a bowling alley.

The first, I was waiting to hear They Might Be Giants. I was sick, we knew the environment would be too much for me, so I positioned myself beside a pillar, my friends and husband became living protective barriers, and I sat on the floor, cross-legged and did the whole meditation thing until I became mostly-asleep. They woke me when TMBG were announced.

The second, I played one game, and was too tired and sore to continue. So I went up the back to sit down and rest my arms on the barrier between the players' area and the gallery. And woke up when my friends came to get me, because it was time to go home. Two games later.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

At a bar during a drinks order.

I'd had a tiring day at work and it was the the first weekend after Meat loaf season so i had been dashing off round the country to concerts a couple of times a week. I'd gone out for a meal to the village pub with some friends. Went to the bar, ordered and fell asleep on the end of the bar before she brought the order back to me. And being the local pub, they orderd my meal based on what the bar tender knew I liked and had eaten before, then let me sleep until the starters were ready.
                          Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

I didn't sleep the whole night in the graveyard; just about an hour or so. I believe the vast quantities of alcohol sloshing around inside me had something to do with that. XD

I've also slept in a pub; I just felt a bit lightheaded and, after telling my friends not to disturb me, I put my head down and had a short nap, around twenty minutes. Then I woke up and just carried on drinking. XD
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I fell asleep in class once or twice during college...

*prof with a very soft, soothing voice
                              *8am class
                              *sat against a wall
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X