This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm such an idiot.

So, after doing some more shopping, we wonder out back to the car. Its cold, its raining and I can't find my keys. I start to panic and I ask hubs if he has the keys.

He checks all his pockets, nada.

The longer we stand out there, getting wet the more I wanna pee and more freaked out I get.

Just when I'm about to cry thinking I lost our keys for good, hubby decides to check the car...

Only to find the doors unlocked....

And the keys in the ignition.

We were in the store for almost two hours, I'm surprised no one drove off with my Toaster.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Plaidman belives that a good chunk of people are thieves. Not all, but like 51 percent.

But you got all 49 that aren't thieves. Lucky you. Now be careful!
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I shall, Plaid. I will make sure I have my keys with me at all times. Geezors. I was so scared.
      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

XD don't worry! You got lucky, and it'll happen again! Not that anything bad will happen. Gah. Hey, funny story. I've forgotten my keys at work. and didn't realize until I got home. Hour bus ride, plus 20 minutes of walking on a bad leg. No fun.

I've done it twice
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Plaid, dude, invest in a spare key already.

I was so bad about forgetting my keys that I get them made up in triplicate. One goes on my keychain (in my right pocket), one goes on my spare keychain (left pocket or inner jacket pocket depending on the season), and the last goes onto my spare spare keychain which goes in my backpack.

At one point, I was threatened with having keys laced into my shoes while I was sleeping, so that I could always find them.

And I know you're pain, too. At my worst, I used to have two canes so I could walk upright. I'm now cane free, but far from pain free.

Which is all the more reason to make sure you have a key on you. No extra suffering for you!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
            XD don't worry! You got lucky, and it'll happen again! Not that anything bad will happen. Gah. Hey, funny story. I've forgotten my keys at work. and didn't realize until I got home. Hour bus ride, plus 20 minutes of walking on a bad leg. No fun. I've done it twice
            That's something I would do. And I have a spare car key in my purse because I lock my other keys in my car routinely.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I came home from work one day to find hubby sitting in the drive waiting for me.
              Seems he had lost his set of keys with the house key on it, so he used the spare car key to drive home.

As I'm walking up the walk, what do I see.......

stuck in the passenger door lock, just blowing in the wind, is his set of keys.

A wonder they didn't jiggle out on the way home.

Comment

I kinda did that the other day. Went grocery shopping and as I got out of my car my little spare key from the dealer that also has my vin printed on it fell and landed next to my door. I didn't notice it til I got done shopping an hour or so later. Boy did I feel lucky that no one stole my car!!
                It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Working...
                X