This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV show help?

Jester's thread about the women of forensic shows made me remember a show I used to watch. However, I cannot think of the name.

The main character was a pretty blond woman- FBI investigator for serial killer cases. Her 'arch nemisis', a serial killer, called himself Jack of *something* (Hearts, All Trades, something like that). The main character was a widow and had a daughter. I think Jack killed her husband- but I can't remember exactly.

I thought the name of the show was Jack of Hearts but when I Google it I see a different show. Jack of All Trades is, of course, the one with Bruce Campbell.

It's going to drive me nuts- I loved that show. Sad that my memory is so bad.

Anyone remember this show?
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

The show you seek is called Profiler.

My Google-Fu is strong.

Never seen, sounds interesting though. Any good?
    Last edited by Gravekeeper; 12-15-2009, 03:59 PM.

Comment

YES! That was it! Thanks Grave.

I thought it was a good show- I used to stay up late just to watch it. Anyone who knows how little tv I watch will know this is saying something.

However, for the last season they changed the actress who played the main character- she just wasn't as good.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314

Comment

I knew it as soon as you said Jack! Jack of All Trades! Oh, I LOVED that show! We have it in our Netflix queue to get someday. My husband has never seen it, but my brother and I used to watch Profiler and Pretender RELIGIOUSLY every week while they were airing. We've seen almost every episode of both. I have to agree that when they switched Ally Walker out (how is it possible I remember the actress's name after all these years??) the show went downhill, though.

Comment

While it is not always within the show's producers' control, switching the main character's actor is never a good thing for any show or movie.

Nothing against Julianne Moore, but she just was NOT Clarise Starling.

Ditto Evie in the third Mummy movie. (Don't anyone mention Scorpion King....I know it was the same people, but it was a whole different plotline and cast, so doesn't count as the third one.) Maria Bello, while a fine actress, just was not Rachel Weisz. And I say this only partially because I drool blatantly over Rachel Weisz.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I agree with ya on this Jester. I think the issue is probably completely psychological.

Every actor has their own 'feel' and you get used to that. Even if the actor isn't so good you expect to see them and become comfortable with them as *insert part*. Then suddenly you're handed an imposter and your comfort zone is all askew.

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              While it is not always within the show's producers' control, switching the main character's actor is never a good thing for any show or movie.
              It works for Doctor Who.

But yes, in general, I concur.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Nothing against Julianne Moore, but she just was NOT Clarise Starling.
                It was so weird when I saw Hannibal, 'cause I'd started to read the book (Hannibal) after seeing Silence of the Lambs, and I have a very visual imagination, so I was very confused seeing Julianne Moore doing things I could have SWORN I saw Jodie Foster doing, until I remembered that I had read it, not seen it.

Quoth Jester View Post
                Maria Bello, while a fine actress, just was not Rachel Weisz.
                That was one of the worst substitutions I have ever seen, Maria Bello just in no way carries herself like Rachel Weiz, there was never even a second when I thought of her as Evie, not "That woman who is failing to be Evie."

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                It works for Doctor Who.
                Because the character of the Doctor changes somewhat to match the actor, and because people expect him to change.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                X