X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gardasil?

ok so tomorrow im supposed to get my 3rd and final gardasil shot

they said if u have the flu dont get it. well i dont have the flu but have been feeling crappy for a while and no appetite and sore throat blah blah

i decided to research what happens if u dont get the 3rd shot and basically your just not fully protected

but there are so many stories of adverse side effects on a lot of girls who had these shots. and of course i get all panicky. ive noticed that since my first one my periods have been slightly heavier. that was back in june and all summer i would have random pains throughout my body. those have gone away thankfully but now recently my periods are AFU again. i technically could get the shot at another time in the future, maybe when i feel better. but idk. i really dont wanna get the shot tomorrow and possibly feel even worse than i do now.

anybody here get this shot or know anyone who did?

I'm currently in the process of getting the shots.

I already had cervical cancer cells removed due to a strain of HPV though. My doctor says to protect against other kinds of HPV, I should get the shots anyway.

You only have one left. I personally would just get it and endure through any side effects for a little while. It's better to have some semblance of protection, in my opinion.

Comment

I've gotten the shots and didn't have any side effects other than my arm being a bit numb where I was stabbed for a few hours. You can always reschedule if you think that having the flu will have an effect although in the end it's up to you.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I finished mine up over the summer. The injection burned like crazy going in and my arm was sore for a day or two, but other than that I didn't have any side effects. If in doubt, call up your doc that's giving the shots.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

when my sister had to miss her thrid shot the doc made her get them all over again because she had a strain of hpv that they where able to treat.

Comment

I wish I was young enough to get them. We've had enough repro cancers in our family to worry me.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

i really havent had any problems with the first 2. im really paranoid though.and it doesnt help ive been feeling crappy (physically and mentally) all week and i have tests and papers due in the next 2 days. i technically cold delay the shot but my mom got really pissed at me and hasnt talked to me since.

fml

Comment

If you're concerned you should talk to the doctor and ask if you should wait until you are feeling better.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I won't get the shots because insurance still doesn't cover it (it's several hundreds of dollars, my insurance only covers a little bit of it) and I just feel that I've already gotten bad Paps and had chryosurgery.....it's not going to do any good to waste hundreds of dollars on a shot that won't fully protect me anymore, it's too late.

I just keep going to my follow up Paps every 6 months and I'm waiting for my results from the one last week. If this one is normal, I can go back to only having to go once a year
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

i dont think my mom will listen to me.

its totally possible i wouldnt have any side effects.

but i have not felt good in over a week. i dont wanna get this shot, im making myself sick freaking out about everything.

they dont even know the long term effects of it yet. honestly i wish i never got them to begin with. one less thing to worry about.

Comment

Well, Guardasil has been around since about 2006 (?), so it's had a few years of use and trial and error.

I recommend going to the doctor. Soon.

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
                        they dont even know the long term effects of it yet.
                        It's not like they just threw some chemicals in a test tube, shook it around a bit, looked at it all squinty and went "eh, good enough." Drugs go through massive testing before they're approved for human trials, let alone widespread use. There's probably a dozen things you do every day with greater potential long-term effects. The "might have the flu" is a good concern. If you've really got concerns about long-term effects, you probably should have thought of them before you started getting the shots, since it's certainly too late now. It was too late as soon as you got the first shot. As they say, "in for a penny, in for a pound." Might as well finish what you've started.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Wish I was young enough to get them as well. I had to have laser ablation to remove precancerious cells when I was 19. Very scary. Fortunately, all my tests have come back clean in the 12 years since then. (My non-cancerous ovarian tumor was unrelated.)
                          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                            Wish I was young enough to get them as well. I had to have laser ablation to remove precancerious cells when I was 19. Very scary. Fortunately, all my tests have come back clean in the 12 years since then. (My non-cancerous ovarian tumor was unrelated.)
                            I think you can get it if you're older than 26...but insurance probably wouldn't cover any of it (if they'd cover it anyway). Something to discuss with the doctor and ask if it's worth it for you... I believe the age range was decided based on the likelihood that anyone older than that most likely has already been exposed.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think the age range is as young as 11-12 and up to mid 20s.

My doctor pushes it still, every Pap, and I keep telling her, until insurance makes it halfway affordable, nope. You'd think after a few years they'd cover a good portion of it. Even switching to Anthem didn't help

Comment

Working...
                              X