This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, that's just great.

So I can't apply to any colleges because my parents can't afford a $25 application fee. I don't have any money, either, because someone decided to steal it all (70 bucks) from my fucking wallet.

Merry Fuckin' Christmas.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Im really sorry. Do you have any family/friends you can hit up? Its for a good reason. I would have no issue giving someone $25 that needed it for a college app fee.

I actually paid my sisters $35 fee...not that that got her anywhere (long story), but it was worth shot.

I really hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Comment

XD Don't give up hope. Its not like 25 is alot of money, ask like, five friends if you can borrow five bucks for a bit. For something like collage, I"m sure they'll love to give you what my friends and I call the forgotten loan.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I'm sorry that happened. You might be able to earn $25 quickly by babysitting, shoveling snow/raking leaves, wrapping gifts, or selling stuff online.
        I went to a community college and will transfer to a four-year college after I have the basic courses. No use paying over 30,000 per year when I can get the same courses for $1,500. I didn't have to pay to apply at the community college.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
          I went to a community college and will transfer to a four-year college after I have the basic courses. No use paying over 30,000 per year when I can get the same courses for $1,500. I didn't have to pay to apply at the community college.
          If you're going to do that, double, triple, and quadruple check that all of the courses you take at the community college will transfer to the 4-year institution.

To the OP, the only thing I could suggest is contacting the Registrar or Financial Aid office to see if there's any way they can waive the fee. I'm thinking that, at my university, they do sometimes waive the application fee.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

My husband used to sell plasma.

Mods, can we send money? How hard would it be to raise twenny fi bucks?

You got PayPal?

I'm serious.

Comment

Talk to your HS guidance counsellor. They might know of local groups that will donate towards this sort of thing.
              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                Talk to your HS guidance counsellor. They might know of local groups that will donate towards this sort of thing.
                What about us? We're an unlocal group that would donate. I second RKs paypal idea. I'll donate. Hit me up npw before my job does the after-holiday hour-cutting.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  What about us? We're an unlocal group that would donate. I second RKs paypal idea. I'll donate. Hit me up npw before my job does the after-holiday hour-cutting.
                  Oh, I agree and am all-for it. I was just trying to think of additional solutions. I figure the more, the better, right?
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    Mods, can we send money? How hard would it be to raise twenny fi bucks?
                    Board policy is any charitable requests go in the charity social group area, and are completely voluntary. If anyone wants to further bandy this idea, it will be by making a thread there.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Oh, guys, that's amazing of you, but you don't need to give me anything.
                      I can raise the money on my own. And if I do get into the school I want, I probably won't have any problem with tuition, my parents and teachers say I can get a decent scholarship pretty easily. It's just this damn application fee.

I'll probably be able to afford the fee, just not as soon as I'd like (First-priority deadline is February, final deadline is June). I'm mostly just pissed off at a lot of things besides this right now, including the fact that someone stole my money.

But your incredible generosity has brightened my spirits. Maybe it will be a good Christmas after all.
                      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

*offers hugs* I wish people weren't so rotten as to steal. Are you okay otherwise? (That is, other than the application fee?..$70 is a lot to lose!)
                        I'm glad though, that you can get the application fee worked out.
                        Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 12-22-2009, 07:20 PM. Reason: fixing, adding sense
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                          *offers hugs* I wish people weren't so rotten as to steal. Are you okay otherwise? (That is, other than the application fee?..$70 is a lot to lose!)
                          I'm glad though, that you can get the application fee worked out.
                          Yeah, I'm okay. Slowly getting my money back through chores and odd jobs.

Comment

Working...
                          X