This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New years?

Just curious what everyone's plans are for new years.

This year i'm throwing a party. and it's themed because... why the hell not?

lol theme that got decided upon (by me and my friends) is a pirate themed party :P

so come new years eve i'm gonna have about 15 - 20 people dressed head to toe in pirate garb. should be fun :P

what are you doing (if anything) for new years?
    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

I'll be working!! If anyone wants to come see me, feel free to have a heart attack, we can then celebrate together.

Pirate theme is awesome btw. Take pics.

Comment

Being sick, most likely. As I have been since Saturday. I love NYE. I may spend midnight in bed. This sucks.

Also, I work NYE day shift and NYD day shift. Depending upon scheduling NYE, I could be at work very, very late, as I have on some big days. And then I get to open NYD. So even if I am miraculously cured by tomorrow, I may still not get the chance to celebrate in style.

If by some chance I don't feel like a warmed up party blend of shit, puke, and death, and I get out of work at a reasonable time, I shall probably join the hundred thousand or so visitors we get down here for this day on Duval Street, drinking, carousing, and generally being obnoxious.

You know....a typical day for me. With 100,000 of my closest friends!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I'll be annoyed I won't be able to see the blue moon....a "storm" is coming in. I'll hopefully be able to get to my bf's place before the worst of it hits. We do have plans to go to a friend of ours, but weather may prevent that.
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I'll probably do what I've been doing since 2002. That is, stay home, watch Steve McQueen flicks, build models...and enjoy some wine. Oh, and I'm not going to watch the ball drop either.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

NYE--work until 9 pm or so (the girl I'm scheduled to work with...the earliest we've ever punched out when working together is 9:15), then relaxing and attempting to get some sleep since I have to work at some point on NYD.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

NYE basically working a 12 hour shift 5p - 5a

NYD: working a short (YEAH RIGHT) shift from 4p - 8p
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Just me, Mr. Zel and Lil' Zel having a quiet dinner, and a glass of the bubbly stuff at midnight.

I don't have to go to work before January 4th - YAY!
                Bosslady said that she eventually might have to call me in, in case the CW's scheduled called in sick or something - but I haven't heard anything. A pity, though - I wouldn't have minded get some extra hours.
                Last edited by NorthernZel; 12-30-2009, 05:48 PM.
                A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Staying home on watching the Biggest Loser marathon on Bravo!, then switching over to the morbid obesity marathon on TLC at 4pm.

I'm weird. So sue me.
                  I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I'm staying over at my mom's for the night, my daughter and I are planning to finally sit down and watch "Twilight"...that's about it really. (normally we'd plan a party with the immediate family, but my sister's household all has the flu)

Comment

I'm going to Little Rock to hang out with a friend I haven't seen in a long time! Most importantly, I'm getting out of my parents' house. GAH.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Depending upon scheduling NYE, I could be at work very, very late...
                        Well, got some good news today. Tomorrow there are FOUR bartenders scheduled, rather than the usual three. I open, then the mid comes in at 5, as normal, then we have TWO closers coming in at 7. Three bartenders behind that bar is more than enough, and any more is a bit crowded, so chances are good that at the LATEST I will be punching out at 8-ish...and that's just if closing my stuff out gets seriously delayed, as I plan on having all my stocking done before the doors even open.

As for me going out....still battling the bug, whatever it is making me ill, but I am a bit better, as I got better drugs in my system (yay for better drugs!), but don't know how I'll feel tomorrow.

Of course, even if I go out and raise hell, I have to be vaguely intelligent about it, as I open The Bar again on NYD.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

So far I have no plans. Last year I went to my friend's for dinner, and she and her boyfriend (the rest of her family lives upstairs but her niece and nephew went to bed) and I hung out and watched the Twilight Zone marathon and sorta-played Scene It (we gave up pretty quickly on actually playing and just read off questions from the cards for a bit). I might call her and see what she's up to.

I don't think my roommate has any plans, either, so maybe we'll just hang out. I have Inglourious Basterds here to watch, too.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm usually working, but this year I am done at 4:30, and the party's not 'til 8:00. I will have time to maybe dress 80s-style, as my friends' theme is Michael Jackson. Not a huge fan, but my hair lends itself easily to the era. I don't have to work until 1 pm on NYD, and I don't have to work the 2nd job at all this week. So, yay for me!
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm the closing FES and we close at 10pm so I'll probably be out of there at 10:30 or later. Then I'm heading to a party with some co-workers. So I won't have much party time before the ball drops, but that's ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X