This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
    After we got home, we called the ER, told them that we had assisted one of their new patients with a head injury at so-and-so hours, and just wanted to pass on the message that his bike was parked at so-and-so street so he could retrieve it once he'd got out of hospital. The ER thanked for the message, and could also tell us that he'd recover. No personal info was exchanged, so no breach of privacy was made.
    That's pretty much what my mom did in the incident I posted earlier. We didn't know the guy's name (his friend that was with him didn't speak much English). She just called the hospital the next day (there's only one he would have been taken to), described the incident (guy on a bike, hit by a car, head injury, at X time on X date) and just said she had been a passenger in the car and was wondering if he was OK. They were able to confirm that he had been released later that evening, without giving any names.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Just an afterthought here, have you checked the local paper? They usually post accidents in the newspapers.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        Just an afterthought here, have you checked the local paper? They usually post accidents in the newspapers.
        Hm, I could check right now. Not sure if it'll be in there because not much news from on the military base gets out.

Edit: Nothing on there about it. I might just call the MPs tomorrow and ask about it.
        Last edited by Greenday; 01-02-2010, 03:09 AM.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
          Hm, I could check right now. Not sure if it'll be in there because not much news from on the military base gets out.

Edit: Nothing on there about it. I might just call the MPs tomorrow and ask about it.
          Ahh, i forgot about the military part of it. Lol. I guess the base may regulate what news gets out? Either way, I hope shes was ok. But if shes not, you did the right thing. I hope that you can sleep well knowing you did your best and honestly cared enough to stop.

Comment

Working...
          X