This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway is cheap. ;-)

I thought about putting this in sightings, but it's not really a suck of any kind. My brother and I eat at Subway a lot, and we recently got calendars with two coupons for every month. Most are ridiculous (Buy 3 footlong sub meals, get one kids size sub, and other ones I'm never going to use because it barely saves me any money) but January had a coupon for free bacon on any sub, so last night I used it to buy a footlong veggie sub and add bacon, saving me the diff between a veggie and a BLT. Usually when I get footlong BLT's, I get about four slices of bacon. On this sub I got two. I didn't notice until I ate the sandwich, and it wasn't worth complaining about but it wasn't as bacony as I like it.

Anyway, I was wondering, do you think the company tells the employee to do that to not lose so much money on the coupons? I wouldn't think two slices of bacon would make much of a difference, but my brother gave me his coupon, (he's not a big meat eater) so sometime this month I'll go to a different branch to get a BLT and see if they do the same thing. Maybe it's just the manager, or maybe the employee is just skimpy on ingredients. Oh well, at least Subway still has good chips, unlike Mr. Sub that completely went to crap on it's chip selection.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

I wouldn't put them past it.

My wife got a coupon book for 10 free frosties at Wendy's. I went to a Wendy's one day (I normally don't) and got one.

It was in a cup the size of a dixie cup. Yes, that small.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I worked at Subway for a little over a week. They had a guide glued to the glass above the sandwich station detailing the amount of meat, cheese, vegetables, and dressing a footlong or six-inch sub would recieve.
      The owner decides how much of what to put on the sub. A friend that worked at a Subway in another state had different ammounts.

Comment

Well, it depends.... the coupon is to add bacon to any sandwich, right? So the sandwich could be turkey, or roast beef, or meatball, etc. So: ignoring the coupon for the moment, if you were to order one of those with bacon added, how much bacon would you get? I wouldn't expect as much as on a BLT.
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          My wife got a coupon book for 10 free frosties at Wendy's.
          having worked for that company i can say that most likely the coupons are for free kids frostys which come in the dixie cup size. some franchises put that part in fine print
          This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
          my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

The Subway in my area sends us coupons from time to time that we can use. They're not too bad, usually setting up certain deals for the person involved.

The one I go to (I don't think the others do it), has that same grid of coupons pasted over the sneeze guard at the place you order, with crosses over the ones they can't/don't take. (the coupons are usually good for Subways at about 5 or so locations) I've gotten a few good deals out of it on occasion....
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
              Well, it depends.... the coupon is to add bacon to any sandwich, right? So the sandwich could be turkey, or roast beef, or meatball, etc. So: ignoring the coupon for the moment, if you were to order one of those with bacon added, how much bacon would you get? I wouldn't expect as much as on a BLT.
              You wouldn't expect as much bacon on a BLT? But that's the only meat on a BLT. If anything, I'd expect more bacon on a BLT. I understand there being less bacon on a turkey sandwich, but there should be more bacon on a sandwich that is otherwise meat-free.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Well, after a long battle at a few Subways over their "Sub of the Day", I finally heard from one of the managers (hadn't seen her in a while, it was good to catch up, and she knows I'm not an EW or SC demanding special favors).

I found out from her that she was told by the owners that the employees are supposed to lie and say that it's only good for 6 inch subs (which is true, but it's still actually ok to get 2 6 inches and make a footlong), and if the customer doesn't buy into that, to further lie and try to convince them that it's more expensive if you get 2 subs of the day. To which they must think that everyone is retarded, because if the 6 inch is on special, then two are cheaper than 1 regular price. Two 6 inch turkey subs of the day is $5.89, regular price footlong is $6.33, so don't even try to tell me that $6 is cheaper than $5.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

All Subways should have the same formulas for their sandwiches nationwide. That's not to say that an owner does not deviate from that formula. They are not supposed to, but I am sure they do.

At my store if you would order a footlong Veggie and add bacon you would get 4 slices of bacon (on a 6 inch 2 slices). If you would order a footlong BLT you would get 8 slices of bacon (on a 6 inch 4 slices).

I always view coupons as a way to save a little money. I know a lot of people expect the business to practically give away the farm, but it is really a way to entice the customer in and save a little)

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                    You wouldn't expect as much bacon on a BLT?
                    HYHYBT said not as much *as* on a BLT.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X