Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the year is starting off very good for us!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the year is starting off very good for us!

Yeah, after a real crappy end to 2009 (in-law issues, issues with that German shepherd person, my two night stay in a hospital, etc..) I was really hoping that 2010 would at least start off well.

Well, it has.

My wife got notice that she's going to the Westminster Kennel Club show with Zorro (well, that was 2009) so she wrote the news agencies about how a local is showing her service dog at the top dog show in the country.

Well, the Sun Sentinel was here today interviewing her about it as well as taking video for local 10. They spent about 4 hours taking pictures, videos, and general interviewing. They're expecting it to air a week or so before the big show.

My wife got a call - Otis' owners want to board him with us. Since my wife will be at the above mentioned show then I'll be boarding him (but no training). Hey, that's $50 a day in my pocket and he's a sweetheart (he'll be with me roughly a week). We were worried about them because they got Otis from the breeder we had the big issues with. I guess either he didn't tell them about the situation or he did and they aren't listening (considering that Otis is always in as good or better condition than when we get him). I don't mind watching him myself because he's a real sweat heart.

Also, yesterday I got a meeting request from one of the sales reps who I support (she's really nice). She's inviting us again to a Fl Panthers (hockey) game Saturday night with some members of her team. The nice thing is that it is in section 208.

Here's a map:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/107150/1696

Oh, wait you don't see a 208? Yeah, those are the suites (private restrooms, kitchenette, seats, wide screen TV, etc..). This reps client is Bank Atlantic and they own the arena and they usually give her at least one game in the suite. I am pretty sure Zorro will go with us. Last year was better - we were in section 218 (center ice). We're going to see the Panthers play the Tampa Lightning - it should be a good game (we watched them beat the Senators last year). Gotta dig out those cowbells!!

So far 2010 is turning out pretty well! (Plus we think my wife's disability will go though soon and she should get a retroactive check (since June 2008) so that'll be a nice chunk of change, too (can you say vacation??).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Keep in mind that if she's on disability for 24 months (retro to June 08), the 25th month gives her Medicare. Also keep in mind that most "regular" health insurance plans don't work with Medicare, so she'll have to get a separate plan that'll likely have different coverage.

Just sayin'....
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Working...
    X