This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight, I discovered Lush!

I'd heard so many people rave about their products, that I decided to visit their new shop, located just down the freeway from my office.

I reeeeeeeally hope their products work for me, because I LOVED THAT STORE!!

The two young ladies in the store were very nice and helpful, willing to demonstrate any product, and help me find a good match for my skin and hair. That may also be due to the fact that their store is in an open air mall, and it had been raining a LOT earlier, so the mall was almost completely empty, and they seemed a little glad to see at least one person in the store. Just kidding of course: they both seemed to know the products really well, and enjoyed showing them off.

And seriously, the pics on their website did not do credit to how neat their products looked in person. I wanted every single Bubble Bar, just because they looked cool.

I bought: Dark Angels face cleanser, Ma Bar bubble bar, and Squeaky Green shampoo bar.

Verdict: Well, I'm still waiting for my hair to dry, but the Squeaky Green bar lathered up really nicely, and seemed to wash out well, even in my hard water. I LOVED the smell of it! Plus, I found little rosemary bits floating in the water after that, so of course that was great. Dark Angels cleaned my face really nicely, but left residue in the tub, so I'm going to make sure I only use it at the sink, which is easier to clean. I'm waiting till the end of the week to try the Ma Bar.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Lush is great. I would shop there more if they werent so expensive. Their product is definately of good quality though.

Comment

Agreed. My best friend (male) bought me a Karma pack for my birthday which consisted of a body lotion/shampoo and a soap. The body lotion/shampoo works great.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Ah yes, there is one of those here. The store emits an aura of smell for a good 50 feet in all directions. Its quite pleasant now, but man when I first moved here it would make your eyes water and give you a headache.

Guess they figured that was bad for business and toned it down over the years.

Comment

hmmm, that's interesting. The store I visited barely smelled of anything except clean.

Now Bath & Body Works, on the other hand...that place can blast my sinuses at fifty paces! YUK.
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Every time I'm in a mall that has a Lush and I walk by it, the first thought that pops into my head is "Hey, look! Cosmetics for DRUNKEN WENCHES!!!"

I'll just grab my hat and leave now.
            "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
            --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
              Now Bath & Body Works, on the other hand...that place can blast my sinuses at fifty paces! YUK.
              I used to be bothered by BBW, but now I really love it. mmmm Black Raspberry Vanilla. There's a Lush not to far from here (actually, there's a Lush behind this computer. Zing!), I'll have to check it out next time I'm at that mall.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I like Lush! I have all their albums.
                Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Joi - when I mentioned on FB that we finally got one here, I found out it's located inside a macys. I assume that's a lower scale than a free standing store?

Anyone know?

It's on the other side of town, so I just wanna know what to expect before I traipse over there.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                    I used to be bothered by BBW, but now I really love it. mmmm Black Raspberry Vanilla. There's a Lush not to far from here (actually, there's a Lush behind this computer. Zing!), I'll have to check it out next time I'm at that mall.
                    I like the Aromatherapy line - the Stress Relief (Eucalyptus and Spearmint), and the Sleep (Lavender and Chamomile), and Energy (Orange Ginger). I love the sugar scrub.

I don't know of any Lush stores around me. Might have to go to the website and see if there is one.

Edit: Closest one to me is in Edison...not really that far but I never have a reason to drive up that way.
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-21-2010, 01:32 AM.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I just finished up a bubble bath with their Ma Bar bubble bar...HOLY SMOKES. Best bubble bath, EVER. I used half a bar, in very hard water, and it still made a whole tubful of soft, thick, longlasting bubbles. And it smells like HEAVEN. Makes my skin smell all nice, too.

Yep. I'm officially addicted now. I can no longer live without these bubble bars.

Comment

Lush is the next store we need here. The closest one to ABQ is in Scottsdale.

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                        The one at Cottonwood (the mall near me) doesn't smell. Now, when you walk anywhere near the Body Shop, it has some sort of fruity smell that walks over and smacks you over the head.

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        Joi - when I mentioned on FB that we finally got one here, I found out it's located inside a macys. I assume that's a lower scale than a free standing store?
                        I wouldn't think so. There's a Sephora over at Coronodo Center on the other side of town, but there's a small Sephora shop inside Penny's over here at Cottonwood.

Probably just has to do with not being able to support a complete, freestanding store and have made some deal with the department store in question.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

There's only one Lush I know of and that's right in the heart of Adelaide.
                          The Body Workshop on the other hand is closer to me and their stuff smells heavenly. I love the Cherry Blossom stuff...
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                            I wouldn't think so. There's a Sephora over at Coronodo Center on the other side of town, but there's a small Sephora shop inside Penny's over here at Cottonwood.
                            Similar thing here. There's a small Sephora inside a Penney's on my side of town, and a free-standing one on the other side of town. The scaled-down sephora makes me sad, only because I've been to the other one a few times.

I guess since I have no basis for comparison with Lush, I'll prob be okay with the macy's one.

Joi - what all did you get?
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Oh, man, you have a Lush right there near you. I don't and I am so jealous. On the other hand, if I did, I would be very broke right now and they would have all my money.

Bathos bubble bar +butterball fizz. OMG. I wanted to drown in it.

Husband got me the Serenity gift pack. Not what I would have chosen for myself and that would have been my loss. It is currently about my favorite thing right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X