This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting sick of Comcast

It must be nice to be the only company who offers high speed in my area (other than AT&T which will be explained below)..

This means that they can give us the WORST service ever and still keep customers.

This also means they can raise their fees as much as they want and still keep customers.

I'm sick of the random outages that happen weekly. This morning my speed is averaging 6kbpS - that's not a typo, SIX f-ing KILOBITS PER SECOND. Right now I'd be better off with a 56K modem connecting to a dial up service.

So my choices are:

Comcast - crappy service, mediocre customer service, inconsistent speeds and connectivity at a high price.

AT&T - very high price and it takes them 6-8 weeks to cash a check and if you're late then you have to pay a $40 reconnect fee (meaning you need to pay your bill roughly 2 months in advance) as well as slower speeds and horrible customer service.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

In light of the numerous complaints on here about Comcast, this MSNBC article explains why Comcast is the way they are. Read it, fellow "ARPU" (NOT customer).......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22399227/

Comment

For the past week and a half my service has been cutting out for a minute or two then coming back for 30+ minutes. It's constant (but more common when I am trying to do file transfers).

I called about it and not only did they want to go though the regular troubleshooting (reboot your PC, reboot your modem, reboot the router) despite continual complaints about service they actually told me for better service I should upgrade to their business class (for more money, of course).

My respons - so I need to pay more money to get the service I am paying for now?

A tech is coming back out tomorrow evening. I did ask about line noise but they said they couldn't check that.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

as far as that article goes, I've always understood that it's a promotional rate. Plus the the taxes and fees that get tacked on happen with EVERY utility.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

... and now my service is going in and out again today. Should I even bother calling them? All they'll do is tell me to reboot my modem, reboot my computer, reboot the router, unplug the modem, and then send a tech out meaning I have to take MORE unpaid time off from work to be home for them to poke around and say nothing is wrong, it's too cold out, other people are stealing it, the problem is on their end, etc etc etc.

These companies must love working with each other to ensure that they don't compete with each other.

Does Comcast even care about their customers? I guess not since it's clear they are not going to fix this problem.

I just called them - they showed 7 disconnects from my modem over the past week. They're sending a (yet another) tech out Wed afternoon.

One question though - I'm in Fort Lauderdale (south Florida). What did the guy mean it was " too cold for the equipment"? We did have a snap where it got down to the 30's at night and the 40's during the day but I figured it's much colder up north - was he saying that everyone further north experiences outages like we do all winter?
          Last edited by draggar; 02-21-2010, 07:09 PM.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Comcast sucks, pure and simple. Within the past year, several channels have been moved onto their HD service...and the empty spaces have been filled with yet another home-shopping channel. Not sure how much longer I'll even have cable service, since I rarely watch TV to begin with, and when I do...the commercials are downright annoying!
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Different cabling is used in different areas. There's no need to use the more expensive cable that resists cold well when you are in a tropical climate and it very rarely ever gets cold enough to make a difference.

Here, we handle cold well but when it gets to hot we start having cabling issues.

That said, I still stand by my previous statement. Comcast on the east coast sucks nanatards.
              My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

I half-wonder what'll happen when there's a general Revolt against Comcast and At&T's business practices.

Will everyone move North and use Rodgers and Bell instead?

Comment

We can get Verizon...if we move 10 blocks closer to the Boston line into a more expensive neighborhood.

Every so often the TV and/or internet will get flaky. The explanation for both? "You have a wireless router". WTF does a router in the computer room have to do with the television? Sometimes Comcast will just refuse to recognize the router (thus not seeing that we do in fact have an internet connection)....I've argued with them quite a few times that it's a HOME network with only one computer connected 90% of the time. It does get slower than a sedated snail in the summer.

We don't even use the Spanish, music or shopping channels. I wish there was a package that allowed us to drop them (come to think of it, we only really watch about a dozen channels).
                  Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-22-2010, 07:41 PM.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I think they've sunk to a new low.

I've been on a vlcak community since we got Luna.

I used to be able to go on the site with no problems but this morning I couldn't - I always got a server not found.

No big deal, sites go down.

I get to work, it's working fine. I just think it's back up.

I get home, I can't get to it - same error.

I try my other PC and my wife's laptop - server not found.

I disconnect my wife's laptop from the network and use her aircard - works perfectly.

I go back to my PC - can't get to it - server not found.

I had our breeder check with the admins - they haven't blocked anyone recently.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Comcast is EVIL.

Oh and I currently use Verizon for "high speed internet", and my connection goes in and out all the time too. And apparently it's quite common for that to happen with them, and Verizon isn't very helpful about it...

Comment

Problems are still around, although not as bad as before. A few voicemails to the supervisor and not even a response back.
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Comcast sucks! Nothing but problems when we had them. Glad to be done with them.

Comment

Working...
                          X