This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ash likes dragons!

So, I play WoW. My husband and I are very casual gamers. It took us 2 years to get to level 80, the level cap. We used to play it a bit more when we weren't living together because it was something for us to do together online. But even then we weren't hardcore into it.

I just recently got a dragon mount. Sweet. So last night, I was riding around on my dragon. It was starting to get a little late in the evening and we hadn't eaten, so I decided to take a break and put dinner on the stove. All I had to do was throw some stuff together in a saucepan and let it simmer for a little while, so I left WoW up and running since I didn't think I'd be long. I set my laptop down on the floor and stood up to head into the kitchen.

One of our cats, Ash, had been sitting in my husband's lap. When I set my laptop down, he immediately stood up and looked at it with his eager, hungry hunter face, the kind he gets when he's about to kill a toy, or pounce on our other cat, or when he sees a bird out the window.

My husband and I both looked at him, then followed his line of sight -- right to my laptop, where I was still hovering in mid-air on my dragon.

Ash jumped down from my husband's lap and went right up to my laptop and started sniffing. He walked all around it, sniffing and looking and trying to find the dragon. Meanwhile, I'd sat back down because I was laughing so hard. My husband had to rescue my laptop a couple of times from Ash attempting to knock it over, close it, or step on the keyboard. Eventually he settled for just sitting in front of it and staring at my dragon.

He's such a vicious hunter.

Heh, I hit 80 just yesterday. THE first max-level MMO toon ever, and it only took me 5 years (with a few lapses in play time). The real sad part is this toon was a DK...

Anyway, movement on the computer screen has always interested my cats. My oldest, Pepper once caused my toon to jump off a mountain when she lunged at the screen and stepped on the spacebar at just the wrong moment. It was cause for a very long run back to my body since in this game (Asheron's Call) you got to choose where to resurrect when you died, and when you died, you left behind a corpse that lasted for an hour (IIRC) along with your most valuable items, usually your armor...

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Ash probably thought dragon = bird = lunch

Back in my WoW days, one of my group called it a "cat attack" whenever his cat jumped on his keyboard during gaming.
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

My cat is much more interested in my headset when I game. She's pretty sure that the attatched mic is trying to attack my face and that I need her to kill it.

My savior.

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
        Heh, I hit 80 just yesterday. THE first max-level MMO toon ever, and it only took me 5 years (with a few lapses in play time). The real sad part is this toon was a DK...
        Gratz!

And thank goodness there is someone who leveled slower than me in WoW. My guildies had a joke for awhile that I should teach classes on 'Slowest Leveling Ever'.
        (Too many things in WoW to distract me onto wandery tangents...)
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
        X