This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Food & Drink Records

I watch a lot of food television, and I have noticed a decent number of American establishments have various challenges. Challenges, of course, lead to records. Who's done the most of this or that?

So that got me thinking....what are your personal gastronomical records?

The few of mine that I know for certain are:

Oysters: 3 dozen oysters in one sitting. I believe I can top that, but have yet to try.

Speed drinking: I probably have a few drinking records under my liver belt, but the one that I (vaguely) remember the most is for speed. One time in the dorms, in 15 minutes, I put down 9 shots of Jack Daniel's. At the time I weighed in at an intimidating 130 lbs. And yes, I remember it. And yes, I went out afterwards...we went to an ASU football game, then hit the bars, then stumbled home. And I was (vaguely) functional the entire time, thank you very much.

Beer bong
    : I am not certain about this, but I think that to this day, almost 22 years after the fact, I hold the record for the slowest beer bong in the state of Arizona. After I graduated high school, I went to several parties. Actually, several DAYS of parties. And at one of them, they had me do a beer bong. (Or beer funnel if you prefer.) A single beer through a funnel and a hose into my mouth.....and 30 seconds later, I was done. It was absolutely pathetic.

What? I said I could drink beer. I never said I could drink beer fast!

Speaking of drinking beer fast, my record for chugging a single beer is 3.5 seconds. Which isn't bad, but won't exactly set the world on fire. (By contrast, the head cook at The Bar chugs a beer so fast, we can't time him. We believe it's somewhere under 1.0 seconds.)

I think those are all my personal records. What about you folks? What gastronomous feats have you accomplished?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

I did the gallon of milk in one hour challenge, which considering i am mildly lactose intolerant was rather silly of me. I did manage to not just drink the gallon of milk, but keep it down.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

17 pieces of pizza at a Cici's as part of a Jr. High boys vs. girls challenge on a field trip. The girls kicked their asses.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Lessee...
        I've mananged a Kilo steak, plus sides, entrees and drinks. I even got a free set of Speights(Beer brand over here) gloves from the resturaunt for that.

Thats mainly it. Although I remember the Pizza buffet. 5 main courses, 7 desserts. I was like, 8.
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Lessee... (none of these on the same day, that I can recall)

80 chicken wings in under 2 hours.

2 large pepperoni pizzas from Pizza Hut (stuffed crust, 'natch) in an hour

12 litres of various fluids, including 4 litres of Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi in one day

a 750g bag of chips with 500mL of homemade onion dip (oh dear, I had such bad gas) in about 15 minutes

2L of chocolate milk in 20 minutes.

Can't remember anything that made me go "Dude, wtf?"
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            I did manage to not just drink the gallon of milk, but keep it down.
            Technically speaking, drinking the milk is not the tough part. Keeping it down is. Well done!

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            80 chicken wings in under 2 hours.
            Okay, that is impressive. Considering about a dozen is fine for me for an entire half of football!

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            12 litres of various fluids, including 4 litres of Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi in one day
            Okay, liquid over a day is not impressive. Sorry, no. Within certain time frames might be, but over one day.....sorry, can't give you props there.

Which reminds me of something else about myself....apparently I am a camel. Perfect (and not isolated) example: one night I was filling in for Frank at the magic bar, as I often do. I got back there about 8 pm or so, and started drinking Coronas immediately. Continued drinking Coronas as I performed many sets....and didn't hit the bathroom for the first time until midnight. That is four hours of drinking beer while performing, and having many spectators buy me beers and/or shots, for four hours before my first pee break. Damn impressive if you ask me. (Conference championship weekend, I sat at a local watering hole and watched the entire first game, while drinking beer continuously, without getting out of my seat for any reason, including the bathroom, once.)

I guess the above could be considered a personal record, other than the fact that I do it all the time.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Okay, liquid over a day is not impressive. Sorry, no. Within certain time frames might be, but over one day.....sorry, can't give you props there.
              Three gallons? I'd like to see you do it.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Bleargh! And I'm just getting over a bit of a stomach virus... um, lessee, I probably ate twenty mini-cream-puffs once or twice, over an hour. Yeah, that's not much, but it's my record. :P

In the office where I used to work, we would occasionally have potluck lunches. The temps, like me, would cook something and bring it in. The higher-ups with more money than time would buy something from the deli. One guy would always buy a big tub of little cream puffs from the supermarket freezer. They're fantastic and I would eat a bunch and then snag a bunch more to take back to my desk and have with coffee.

Comment

TTO holds a record at a bar in his hometown for downing 15 shots of stroh rum in 30 minutes and still being vertical - does that count?
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I have a personal record of being the only person to beat the record of 'eat more than 50 of the Hottest wings we have in one sitting' at the local place.

The wings used to be named 'Delmer's' because that's the name of the guy that managed 47 in one sitting. I managed 65, but declined on a name change for them wings, because, really, when one wing tests to around a Million on the Schoville scale, I was kinda... incoherent at the time.

(as a point of reference; a single Jalapeno pepper is somewhere around 2500 to 10,000 on the schoville scale, and Police-issue pepper spray is around Five Million)

Comment

21 piece barrel of KFC and 1 whole Mrs. Smith's Dutch Apple Pie in under 2 hours.

Back when i was around 26 and nearly 300Lbs. I am neither now.
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

My best is two medium peperoni pizzas and half of a large cheese pizza, along with a two liter bottle of soda -- used to do that a few years ago, now I can barely eat four pieces of pizza.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I can eat so many plates of crab legs people start staring. I don't know how many. A lot. My friends, long finished eating, will start making jokes.

I was on prednisone once (well, actually, I find myself on prednisone a lot, but I mean this one time) and I went to Outback and ate a slab of prime rib, a baked potato, a pile of brocolli, a salad, my friend's french fries, my husband's scraps, my friend's salad and part of his steak, I don't even know how many loaves of that bread they bring, and a large peach girl drink. We walked across the parking lot to the Barnes and Noble, and I ate a piece of cheescake and several cups of joe.

Steroid drugs do that to you. I can't explain how one has that much room in their stomach. I am thinking you must just start producing stupid amounts of insulin.

Anyways, by the time I got home, I was raiding the fridge.

Comment

I can't think of any records I hold, Although I ran a few pie eating contests. I guess my records would be making enough food to have contests.
                            Although my little slip of a sister in law (I doubt she even makes it in at 110) can out eat anyone with spaghetti, even my big burly of a husband. Their Aunt runs an old spaghetti factory and at one of her previous locations they USED to have endless plates of spaghetti..... They had to cut my sister in law off and then they stopped that practice.
                            It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                              TTO holds a record at a bar in his hometown for downing 15 shots of stroh rum in 30 minutes and still being vertical - does that count?
                              Does that count? Are you kidding me? That's not just a personal record for him, that's the record for the whole bar! That more than counts!

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                              I have a personal record of being the only person to beat the record of 'eat more than 50 of the Hottest wings we have in one sitting' at the local place.

The wings used to be named 'Delmer's' because that's the name of the guy that managed 47 in one sitting. I managed 65, but declined on a name change
                              Awww....you should have gone for the name change!

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                              I can eat so many plates of crab legs people start staring. I don't know how many. A lot. My friends, long finished eating, will start making jokes.
                              Sounds like me with stuffing at family holiday meals. My personal record for that is six helpings. That was so much stuffing, my stepbrother, who's family nickname is Hoover, was actually staring at me in utter disbelief!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X