This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh look, more snow

Just a mere dusting, but I didn't feel like brushing off my car or having a nasty commute.

I'm treating myself by buying lunch today
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I'm glad I don't live in the northeast now with my job.

I will be on the road over 5 hours today.

Don't worry, I spent 26 years in New England and 4 in New Jersey before moving here to south Florida.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We got an inch or so on Monday...but it made the roads worse than it usually does when we get several inches!

Not to mention that retarded groundhog saw his shadow. But tee-hee, the Janesville groundhog didn't.

Oh, and more snow tomorrow...and Friday....and Saturday. It can't be the weekend without either snow or slush or extreme cold!

And of course, after the snow....back to freezing again.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

CAN SOMEONE IN THE MIDWEST PLEASE OVERNIGHT A SNOW SHOVEL TO VIRGINIA?

They're talking a foot this weekend. I'm already leaving work early tomorrow. Call me a baby, I just can't deal with snow. I've driven my car maybe twice this year. (I bus it to work and then I just make my bf drive me everywhere. lol) We already had well over 12" in late December. We're not equipped for this much snow, so all the stores are completely sold out of snow shovels! WTF, I don't think I've used one for 5 years before this!

We're all stocked up on milk and toilet paper, though
        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

They still have no idea how bad CT will get hit this weekend....I am actually looking forward to the storm....the bf is heading down my way, so I won't be on roads.....the need to hoard keeps lots of food in the house (I just need to get snackies and boozies).

We wil have cats and movie and games to entertain....I'd just like to know how much we're gonna get (more inches, more drinkies)
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
            They still have no idea how bad CT will get hit this weekend....I am actually looking forward to the storm....the bf is heading down my way, so I won't be on roads.....the need to hoard keeps lots of food in the house (I just need to get snackies and boozies).

We wil have cats and movie and games to entertain....I'd just like to know how much we're gonna get (more inches, more drinkies)
            i watched channel 30 today just before noon, they were saying only a few inches. which is good (for me) i dont wanna drive into work on saturday in a snow storm. driving there in normal conditions is bad enough! lol

i just want spring

Comment

We had our cold patches in December, and one day of snow. I feel for everyone in the midwest and further east.....you guys are getting pummeled.

But I'm still tired of it being pretty cold, wet and gray all the time. I want spring too.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Giggle Goose - I've heard 24" of snow in VA. At least in Woodbridge and below.

As for finding snow shovels, look everywhere, not just home improvement store. I know for a while the local Giant grocery store was selling them in their seasonal aisle. Good luck!

Comment

No. VA just got upped to 16-24 inches Friday and Saturday. And another storm is forcast for next Tuesday.

I swear, if I wanted snow I'd move to a ski resort!

Comment

According to the news around here (when I went out for Lunch) 16-24" expected in Baltimore.

My wife has to work tomorrow, and she's taking a change of clothes since she's expecting the 3-11 shift will have trouble getting in and she'll be asked to stay the night.

Comment

Winter Storm Warning for my neck of the woods starting Friday and ending Saturday. 16-24 inches of snow. Joy!
                      I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

*sending warm thoughts to everyone*

I'd mail you some shovels, but we don't have them around here.

Comment

Evidently we are forecasted to be in the "3-18 inch range" this weekend (this according to my coworker). I dunno, I think they should be more vague.

Supposedly it will start at noon tomorrow.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            No. VA just got upped to 16-24 inches Friday and Saturday. And another storm is forcast for next Tuesday.

I swear, if I wanted snow I'd move to a ski resort!

I'm hiding! I don't want more snow! We get cabin fever really easily in my family

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                              *sending warm thoughts to everyone*

I'd mail you some shovels, but we don't have them around here.
                              We don't have any here in NC either it seems . . . I was out Thursday evening and managed to find a couple of bags of salt at my closest Lowe's store. Checked their next nearest location and they were also out of snow shovels too.

Funny thing was though: my Mom had just seen on the local news that the store manager of the 2nd store I checked was bragging on tv not 90 minutes before about how they had plenty of shovels . . .yet by the time I got there (around 7:30 ish) a store associate told me they were sold out.

Mom called yesterday to one of the local stores nearby . . . they're expecting some more on Wednesday . . . so hopefully on the way home from work Wed., I'll stop and get one so my brother doesn't have to yap on and on about not having a snow shovel to clear off the deck with.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X