Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm making an RPG? Holy crap, I'm making an RPG!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm making an RPG? Holy crap, I'm making an RPG!

That's right! Well, multiple actually, but I've made some pretty interesting progress on one and uploaded a youtube vid and everything. It's called Hobo Quest, and if you're interested, I've got links and stuff below. No playable demo so far, but I'm having a lot of fun making it, so hopefully there will be one publicly available soon. As a warning, the game is rated mature and for good reason, so definitely NSFW.

Main info page.

Another info page.

Youtube vid.
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

I thought there was already a game named that?

Comment

Nice one, Gun. Where do I sign up for beta testing?
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

That's so not right.

I'm making one too, albeit not an RPG and without any hobos. Not sure I can cram any in either. So I will concede you have far more hobos then I do.

Comment

I can't be the only person who saw the thread title and thought, "They made a rocket-propelled grenade?!?!?"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Just ignore the knock at the door... they'll come in even if you don't answer...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              I can't be the only person who saw the thread title and thought, "They made a rocket-propelled grenade?!?!?"
              Nope you weren't, then again I suppose you didn't also immediately think "Why an RPG instead of a RPC (Rocket Propelled Chainsaw)"
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Does make me think of Hobowars

You might want to take a look just to make sure you're not reinventing the wheel.

Comment

I do so love RPG Maker XP. Too bad I don't have the time to work on my RPG because I'm programming some other game in FreeBASIC...

Hope yours goes well!
                  Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Docmayhem View Post
                    Does make me think of Hobowars

You might want to take a look just to make sure you're not reinventing the wheel.
                    Thats what I was thinking of.

Comment

Was this the inspiration?

(Warning: language and blood, probably not safe for work... Awesome but not safe.)
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                        I suppose you didn't also immediately think "Why an RPG instead of a RPC (Rocket Propelled Chainsaw)"
                        Noooooooooo........I didn't think that at all, immediately or at any time thereafter. Until you said it.

(slowly and very carefully side stepping away from any potential launch sites)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...edChainsaw.jpg

Perfect design, who said melee weapons in modern warfare are outdated
                          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Thread is now re-opened! I should be making progress on this shortly, so stay tuned!

Comment

Update! Sorta!

Comment

Working...
                              X